High Diving Hare
High Diving Hare is a 1948-produced Warner Brothers Looney Tunes (reissued as a Blue Ribbon Merrie Melodie in the beginning, with the original Looney Tunes ending title sequence) theatrical cartoon short starring Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. Released to theaters on April 30, 1949, the short is an expansion of a gag from Stage Door Cartoon, which was also directed by Friz Freleng. High Diving Hare can be seen in the third act of The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie.
- [climbs down and joins the audience to watch Yosemite Sam dive] This I gotta see!
- Uh Oh! Forgot to fill the tank with water!
- [last lines; breaking the fourth wall] I know this defies the Law of Gravity, but, you see, I never studied law!
- Yosemite Sam: [on the diving board, Sam notices that Bugs has disappeared] What... Where is he? Where's the critter at?
- [Yosemite Sam looks over the edge to see Bugs standing upside-down on the underside of the board]
- Bugs Bunny: Eh... What's up, doc?
- Yosemite Sam: [flabbergasted] Great horny toads! What're you doin' down there upside-downy?
- Bugs Bunny: I'm not upside down, doc; you are! Look!
- [He points, revealing that Yosemite Sam is actually the one upside-down. Yosemite Sam falls into the water tank below]
- Yosemite Sam: Now, you dog-blasted, ornery, no-account, long-eared varmint!
- Bugs Bunny: Hey, just a minute, you! Dem's fightin' woids!
- Yosemite Sam: Yeah, dem's fightin' words!
- Bugs Bunny: I dash ya to step across dis line. [traces line along edge of diving board]
- Yosemite Sam: I'm a-stepping.
- [Yosemite Sam steps across line and falls off board; rises up]
- Yosemite Sam: I hate you. [falls back down]