Highlander is a film and television franchise that began with a 1986 fantasy movie starring Christopher Lambert, who plays Connor MacLeod, the Highlander. Born in Glenfinnan, in the Scottish Highlands in the 16th century, MacLeod is one of a number of Immortals. Over the years, there have been five Highlander movies, two television series, an animated series, an animated movie, an animated flash-movie series, ten original novels, seventeen comic book issues, and various licensed merchandise.
- Highlander - a 1986 film about an immortal Scottish swordsman who must confront the last of his immortal opponent, a murderously brutal barbarian who lusts for the fabled "Prize".
- Highlander II: The Quickening - a 1991 film, set in the future, in which Highlander Connor MacLeod must prevent the destruction of Earth under an anti-ozone shield.
- Highlander III: The Sorcerer - a 1994 film in which, deceived that he had won the Prize, Connor MacLeod awakens from a peaceful life when an entombed immortal magician comes seeking the Highlander.
- Highlander: Endgame - a 2000 film in which Immortals Connor and Duncan Macleod must join forces against Kell, an evil immortal who has become too strong for anyone to face alone.
- Highlander: The Source - a 2007 film in which Duncan MacLeod and his fellow Immortals quest to locate the Grail of their world.
- Highlander: The Series - a fantasy science fiction action-adventure television series featuring Duncan MacLeod (Adrian Paul) of the Scottish Clan MacLeod, as the Highlander. It was an offshoot and another alternate sequel of the 1986 feature film with a twist: Connor MacLeod did not win the prize and Immortals still exist post-1985.
This disambiguation page, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name, lists articles associated with the name Highlander (franchise). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.