Highlander is a film and television franchise that began with a 1986 fantasy movie starring Christopher Lambert, who plays Connor MacLeod, the Highlander. Born in Glenfinnan, in the Scottish Highlands in the 16th century, MacLeod is one of a number of Immortals. Over the years, there have been five Highlander movies, two television series, an animated series, an animated movie, an animated flash-movie series, ten original novels, seventeen comic book issues, and various licensed merchandise.
- Highlander - a 1986 film about an immortal Scottish swordsman who must confront the last of his immortal opponent, a murderously brutal barbarian who lusts for the fabled "Prize".
- Highlander II: The Quickening - a 1991 film, set in the future, in which Highlander Connor MacLeod must prevent the destruction of Earth under an anti-ozone shield.
- Highlander III: The Sorcerer - a 1994 film in which, deceived that he had won the Prize, Connor MacLeod awakens from a peaceful life when an entombed immortal magician comes seeking the Highlander.
- Highlander: Endgame - a 2000 film in which Immortals Connor and Duncan Macleod must join forces against Kell, an evil immortal who has become too strong for anyone to face alone.
- Highlander: The Source - a 2007 film in which Duncan MacLeod and his fellow Immortals quest to locate the Grail of their world.
- Highlander: The Series - a fantasy science fiction action-adventure television series featuring Duncan MacLeod (Adrian Paul) of the Scottish Clan MacLeod, as the Highlander. It was an offshoot and another alternate sequel of the 1986 feature film with a twist: Connor MacLeod did not win the prize and Immortals still exist post-1985.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.