Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey is a 1993 American remake of the 1963 film The Incredible Journey, which was based on the best-selling novel The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford. Directed by Duwayne Dunham, it was released on February 3, 1993. It grossed $41,833,324 worldwide and was followed in 1996 by Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco. This film is dedicated to producer Franklin R. Levy, who died during production of the film.
[at the vet, having porcupine quills removed]
- Chance: Okay, okay, I'll talk! I left a gift on the carpet. I let Sassy take the rap for when I unrolled the toilet paper all over the house. I stole underwear on three occasions.
[the vet yanks a quill out of his face]
- Chance: Okay, okay, four!
- Fat Guy: Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty.
- Sassy: "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty." Not on your life, chubby.
- Fat Guy: Here, kitty, kitty. Here, kitty. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.
- Sassy: No, dummy, dummy, dummy, dummy.
- Shadow: Chance, you're a genius!
- Chance: No, I'm not! Uh, what's a genius?
- Shadow: Never mind.
- Shadow: You've learned all you need to know, Chance. Now all you need to learn is how to say goodbye.
[Chance sees a porcupine, but he doesn't know what it is]
- Sassy: What is that?
- Chance: I don't know. It's probably a squirrel having a really bad hair day.
- [Running from the puma]
- Chance: I can't believe I'm running from a cat!
- Shadow: I won't tell if you won't.
- Chance: Of course, this isn't your ordinary housecat. This is like Arnold Schwarzen-kitty!
- Chance: Remember hot dogs, Shadow?
- Shadow: Yeah, I wasn't much for the name, though.
- Chance: I don't think they're really made of dog.
- Shadow: I don't think they're made of meat!
- Sassy: Like my mother always said, curiosity killed the dog.
- Chance: I'm too pooped to poop.
- Chance: Shadow was loyal, Shadow was faithful... Shadow was a chump.
- Shadow: I thought you were gonna stay, pup.
- Chance: Yeah, but I thought I should come along, in case you two needed protection.
- Sassy: My hero! Guess I'm gonna have to stare at YOUR butt the whole way.
[Chance has just gotten attacked by a porcupine]
- Chance: Ah! He bit me with his butt!
- Sassy: It's like I said all along, poopsie: cats rule and dogs drool.
- Chance: Oh, get a life. Get nine of 'em.
- Sassy: But it's true. Cats are smarter than dogs, and more attractive... and we don't drink from the toilet!
[Chance lets a rabbit run away]
- Chance: I hate fast food.
[Chance is chewing on an old boot]
- Sassy: Do you have any idea where that's been?
- Chance: Yeahhh. That's why I like it. You want some?
- Sassy: I'm not really into leather.
- Sassy: You just woke me up from a very deep catnap.
- Chance: What's the matter, Sassy? Get up on the wrong side of the litter box?
- Sassy: Even a great beauty needs her beauty sleep!
- Chance: Beauty sleep? You'd have to sleep for, like, a month!
- Chance: [sees a real live turkey for a second time] Ahhh! Birdzilla returns.
- Chance: [riding with his head out the car window] Da Daaaa Bat Dog!
- Chance: Turkey! Turkey, turkey, turkey, turkey!
- Shadow: [watches Chance chase a rabbit] There goes the bunny... There goes the pup... There goes breakfast.
- Don Ameche as the voice of Shadow
- Michael J. Fox as the voice of Chance
- Sally Field as the voice of Sassy
- Robert Hays as Bob Seaver
- Kim Greist as Laura Burnford-Seaver
- Benj Thall as Peter Burnford
- Veronica Lauren as Hope Burnford
- Kevin Chevalia as Jamie Seaver
- Gary Taylor as Frank
- Jean Smart as Kate