Honey (2003 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Her dream. Her terms. (taglines)
- For other uses, see Honey (disambiguation).
- Written by Alonzo Brown and Kim Watson, directed by Bille Woodruff.
- Your flavour's hot.
- It was everything I always wanted. But when I had got it, it felt like nothing, less than nothing.
- I want you to fire them. I want you to tell them why you're not using them.
- You need to call MC Hammer and let him know you're stealing his stuff.
- I don't care if she just showed Michael Jackson how to Harlem shake. I said I want Honey. Honey Daniels. Duh.
- You big dummy! How the hell you don't know how to get to the B.Q.E.? Let me tell you something, if you make me miss my hookup with miss Honey Daniels, I'm gonna barbecue your Big Bird-looking, Men in Black-wannabe, Driving Miss Daisy ass!
- Honey, you got skills. And that's gonna take you places.
- You say that like you never heard of Monica Lewinsky.
- Well, there's only one world: the real world. And in that world, if a man takes a woman out on a Friday night in her hooker heels and she can't bring her homegirl, he trying to get some booty.
- Barber: Let us pray. Heavenly Father, please bless Chaz with game immediately.
- Mrs. Daniels: But hip hop can't take you the places where ballet can.
- Katrina: I don't owe anybody anything, especially not some Section 8, no rhythm-havin' club ho'. People pay me to dance. Be gone.
- Chaz: I found something that I truly love, that truly makes me happy. That's a million times better than something that makes you rich.
- Chaz: Besides, I never mess up a kid's head, especially when his mom's in the shop.
- Honey: [laughs] He's eight. That would have made me fourteen. I'm not that kind of girl.
- Gina: Well, he's fine. Why you duckin
- Honey: I'm not duckin'!
- Gina: You duckin'! You duckin' like a bobblehead!
- Michael Ellis: Oh, I see. I see. You're one of those.
- Honey: I'm not one of anything. I'm just not up for this.
- Honey: Oh, I forgot. I'm suppose to see all the beautiful things in this world.
- Mrs. Daniels: Well, there's nothing wrong with my wanting that for you.
- Honey: No, but what about what I want?
- Her dream. Her terms.
Quotes about the film
- "Honey" doesn't have a shred of originality (except for the high-energy choreography), but there's something fundamentally reassuring about a movie that respects ancient formulas; it's like a landmark preservation program.
- "Honey" has the shelf life of a dented milk carton. Pop culture movies in general age rapidly due to ever-changing slang and fashions (example: try saying "daddy-o" or "you go, girl!" without getting laughed at). "Honey's" characters talk about earning "big faces" (such as Ben Franklin's, on the $100 bill) and little kids having "flavor" (a.k.a. style) in a manner that already invokes suppressed giggles.
- "Honey" might not even warrant a footnote, so fans will want to see it quickly, before it antiquates over the weekend.
- So riddled with limp clichés that it doesn't even qualify as a guilty pleasure.
- Ernest Hardy, Honey, L.A. Weekly (10 December 2003).
- There's an entertainingly ludicrous movie lurking somewhere inside of the ludicrous, mediocre one this actually is.
- Charles Taylor, "Honey," Salon (6 December 2003).
- Jessica Alba — Honey Daniels
- Mekhi Phifer — Chaz
- Joy Bryant — Gina
- Lil' Romeo — Benny
- Lonette McKee — Mrs. Daniels
- David Moscow — Michael Ellis
- Zachary Isaiah Williams — Raymond
- Missy Elliott — Herself
- Laurieann Gibson — Katrina
- Ginuwine — Himself