Horton Hears a Who! (TV special)
Horton Hears a Who! is a 1970 television half-hour-long special based on the Dr. Seuss book of the same name, Horton Hears a Who!. It was produced and directed by Chuck Jones - who previously produced the Seuss special MGM Television and first broadcast March 19, 1970 on CBS.
- A person's a person, no matter how small.
- Horton: But, this is incredible. What are you, anyhow?
- Dr. Hoovey: Not 'what', sir. I'm a Who.
- Horton: A Who? You're a Who?
- Dr. Hoovey: Yes, a Who. Uh, W-H-O. Who. I live here in Who-ville.
- [while Horton's clover is being carried away by Quizmo McKwoff]
- Horton: Dr. Hoovey? Quick, Doctor!
Fasten your seat belt! Tie yourself down!
Batten your hatches! Sandbag the whole town!
- Dr. Hoovey: Batten our hatches? I don't understand!
What is a seat belt? We're fresh out of sand.
- Tho Whos: [singing to Dr. Hoovey, who they now believe after they have been dropped from the sky] Just tell us what we have to do!
Just tell us and we'll follow you!
We'll save this town, we'll save this world!
Just tell us what we have to do!
- Dr. Hoovey: [spoken] What to do?
I wish I knew!
- Horton: [after attempting to get the Whos to make themselves heard, which fails] Uh, you should've heard that, just as clear as a bell.
Everything is going to be... perfectly swell.
- Jane Kangaroo: Hmph, I heard nothing, and you didn't either, and as for my prodigy, he didn't...
- Junior Kangaroo: ...Neither!
- Hans Conried - Horton / Dr. H. Hoovey / Narrator
- Chuck Jones - Junior Kangaroo / Vlad Vladikoff (renamed "Whizzer McKwoff") / JoJo
- June Foray - Jane Kangaroo / the Birds
- The Mellomen - The Wickersham Brothers
- The MGM Chorus - The Citizens of Whoville