Horton Hears a Who! (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
One elephant. One world. One story.
- A person's a person, no matter how small.
- [in Henry Kissinger's voice] I feel the diplomatic process is beginning to break down.
- I meant what I said, and I said what I meant and an elephant's faithful 100%! That's my code, my motto.
- Come on guys, we're all mammals!
- Hold on, Mr. Mayor. I may have to put up a fight! A frightened elephant can be very dangerous! All right, you've called down the thunder, buddy! Are you hungry for trouble? I'm an all-you-can-eat salad bar, take a bite!
- All right, I gotta get this speck up to the top of Mount Nool ASAP, whatever that means. Probably "act swiftly awesome pachyderm"! I mean, how hard can that be? [sees a loose rope bridge over a deadly chasm] It's a sheer plummet to certain death.
- I love the smell of bananas in the morning!
- Oh, hi Vlad. [Everyone gasps at this, assuming it to be Vlad Vladikoff the vulture, but it's actually the cute "bunny" one who bakes cookies]
- [Watching the clover about to go into the pot of boiling beezelnut oil] NO!
- And most of all, I'd like to thank the Mayor of Whoville, who believed in me from the beginning.
- If you can't see, hear or feel something, it doesn't exist. And believing in "tiny, imaginary people" is just not something we do... [takes her son's clover he was examining after hearing Horton] ...Or tolerate here in the Jungle of Nool.
- [Horton suggested that he'd be able to get someone to believe him] You will do nothing of the sort. You will not breathe a word of this lie to anyone else, especially the children. I do not want you poisoning their minds with this nonsense. Our community has standards, Horton. If you want to remain a part of it, I recommend you follow them. Oh, and have a nice day.
- That Horton is a menace. He has those kids using their imagination. It's sick!
Ned McDodd, the Mayor
- Horton is a giant elephant in the sky! [everyone looks up] Don't bother looking. He's invisible. And he's the one risking his life to get Whoville, which by the way is a speck on a clover, TO SAFETY!
- [Speaking to JoJo in the Hall of Mayors] You know what's awesome? This is awesome. Just look at the men and women hanging on these walls. You, my boy, are part of a family legacy that spans centuries. You know what? Your grandfather was Mayor of Whoville, mm-hmm, and your great-grandmother, that's right, all the way down to your... [cut to various paintings of his male ancestors, including one in a ballerina outfit, which he calls "not-so-great", with the last one depicting a cave Who] ...Great-great-great-great...not-so-great...great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-greeeaat...grandfather. Someday, I hope to join them, and be one of the greats.
- [after being called a "boob" by the Chairman] He has the nerve to call somebody a boob? I would never call somebody a boob. He's a boob. Look at you. Yuck! Look at your face...and I bet you don't look so good with a stapler in your head! [throws a stapler at a painting of the Chairman, which bounces off and hits him in the face, leaving a staple implanted on his forehead, causing him to scream in pain]
About Horton Hears a Who! (film)
- On the design of the movie, I really felt that Dr. Seuss was our production designer. I got to travel to Audrey Geisel’s (Dr. Seuss’s [Theodor Seuss Geisel] wife) home where Dr. Seuss penned many of his later works. She gave us a wonderful tour and I saw a lot of his artwork on the walls. I saw a couple of sculptures he had done from characters he had drawn. They almost looked like mounted trophies on the wall.
- Steve Martino, "Directing "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who": Steve Martino", Christian Cinema, December 1, 2008.
Main voice cast
- Jim Carrey as Horton the Elephant
- Steve Carell as Mayor Ned McDodd
- Carol Burnett as jane Kangaroo
- Will Arnett as Vlad Vladikoff
- Jesse McCartney as JoJo McDodd
- Seth Rogen as Morton the Mouse
- Dan Fogler as Yummo Wickersham and the Councilman
- Michael Pena as Who 1
- Ken Jeong as Who 2
- Ben Schwartz as Who 3
- Josh Gad As Who 4
- Isla Fisher as Doctor Mary Lou LaRue
- Jonah Hill as Tommy tiger
- Amy Poehler as Sally O'Malley
- Jaime Pressly as Mrs. Quilligan
- Niecy Nash as Miss Yelp
Other voice cast
- Shelby Adamowsky as Hedy and Hooly McDodd
- Jack Angel as an Old Time Who
- Caitlin Rose Anderson as Helen McDodd
- Emily Anderson as Heather
- Jan Rabson as the Town Cryer
- John Cygan as Who
- Jess Harnell as Another Who
- Debi Derryberry as a Who Mom
- Samantha Droke as Hildy and Holly McDodd
- Karen Disher as a Who child
- Marshall Efron as a Wickersham guard
- Bill Farmer as Willie Bear
- Jason Fricchione as Joe the Construction Worker
- Heather Goldenhersh as a Who girl
- Selena Gomez as Helga McDodd
- Jimmy Haward as Obnoxious Who
- Joey King as Katie yak
- Christina Martino as Hildy and Holly McDodd
- Ellie Martino as baby Hanna McDodd
- Laraine Newman as a Glummox mother
- Tim Nordquist as a Wickersham guard
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Angela deer
- Laura Ortiz as Jessica Quilligan bird
- Joe Pasquale as the Dentist
- Connor Anderson as a Who child