James Eugene Redmond "Jim" Carrey (born January 17, 1962) is a Canadian film actor and comedian. He is known for his manic, slapstick performances in comedy films such as Ace Ventura: Pet Detective; Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls; The Mask; Dumb and Dumber; Me, Myself & Irene; Fun with Dick and Jane; The Cable Guy; Liar Liar; Bruce Almighty; and Batman Forever. Carrey has also achieved critical success in dramatic roles in films such as The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. He also provides the voice for Horton the Elephant in the animated feature film Horton Hears a Who!, released on March 14, 2008. The film was his first animated feature role. He has won two Golden Globe Awards.
- Comedic actors can be looked at as a lower form because we have to put ourselves in a lower place than most of the audience. I think lofty emotions are somehow considered more special. The best stories in the world to me are the ones that elicit a real emotion, but have humour.
- Tony Horkins, This much I know: Jim Carrey, actor, 46, Los Angeles, (October 19, 2008) The Observer, Guardian News and Media Limited.
- I think we're past the time in history where you have to come out and say, 'you know I'm just happy all the time! I'm a joker, I'm a crazy man!' you know kind of thing. I think people understand I can turn that switch on but I'm also a sensitive, normal human being with feelings and I know how to express those too.
- Wilson Morales, Fun with Dick & Jane: An Interview with Jim Carrey (December 2005) Features, BlackFilm.com.
- If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.
- I like people. They're entertaining. I just may laugh at different things than most people. I laugh at mistakes. I laugh at how you recover from mistakes.
- Jeff Otto, An Interview with Jim Carrey: We talk to the comedy mastermind about his most reserved performance (March 12, 2004) IGN, IGN Entertainment.
- I enjoy my life. The fame part of it freaked me out for a little while, and there are definitely times when it's not so great to be special and known by everybody - you know, when you're wearing the wrong thing, or just in a vulnerable place. But I'm good with my life now.
- There are two thoughts that will ensure success in all you do; (1) Don't tell everything you know, and (2) until Ace Ventura, no actor had considered talking through his ass.
- Reported in Patrick Combs; Jack Canfield (2003). Major in Success, Ten Speed Press. p. 60. ISBN 1580085326.
|Find more information on Jim Carrey by searching Wikiquote's sister projects|
|Encyclopedia articles from Wikipedia|
|Dictionary definitions from Wiktionary|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Images and media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|