Hotel for Dogs
Hotel for Dogs is a 2009 American children's comedy film based on the 1971 Lois Duncan novel of the same name. The film, directed by Thor Freudenthal and adapted by Jeff Lowell, Bob Schooley, and Mark McCorkle, stars Emma Roberts, Jake T. Austin, Lisa Kudrow, Kevin Dillon, Kyla Pratt, and Don Cheadle.
- [has Friday the dog under his jacket] What's the matter? You've never seen a husky kid in a hoodie before?
- You sold a guy a rock in a box for $20.
- Andi: You know, I think we might be in a little over our heads.
- Dave: It's four-six; we're out dogged.
- Bruce: If you look at it, dogs have three basic needs. That's-- that's eating, sleeping, and peeing and pooping.
- Andi: That's four.
- Bruce: No, I think peeing and pooping is one.
- Heather: Uh, I've stepped in both and I have to disagree.
- [Lois and Carl have discovered the hotel for dogs and find that Andi and Bruce have been stealing from them.]
- Carl: Hey, there's my wah-wah pedal! No wonder my sound's been off.
- Lois: [in disbelief] Yeah, that's why.
- Carl: [he looks around the hotel] This crap is amazing.
- Lois: Yeah, 'cause it's our crap! They've been robbing us blind!
- [Lois and Carl have fallen down the poop chute into a dumpster full of bags of dog poop.]
- Lois: Where are we?
- Carl: We're in deep doo-doo.
- Carl: [runs into the kids' bedroom while brushing his teeth] Did I leave my whitening strips in here?
- [In the hotel for dogs, Lenny the dog is howling because the window blind is down.]
- Woman on cell phone: [talking to police] Yes, I'd like to call in a complaint about a howling dog.
- [The kids open the window blind and Lenny stops howling.]
- Woman on cell phone: Um...never mind.
- Lois: I'm suing you, I'm suing the state, I'm suing those kids, I'm suing the guy who invented shrink wrap, I'm suing everyone!
- Andi: [the police see them where a store was broken into, the thieves just got away] We can't get in trouble again!
- Bruce: We didn't do anything.
- Andi: You want to tell them that?
- No stray gets turned away.
- Who let the dogs in?
- Jake T. Austin as Bruce
- Emma Roberts as Andi
- Johnny Simmons as Dave
- Troy Gentile as Mark
- Kyla Pratt as Heather
- Don Cheadle as Bernie Wilkins
- Robinne Lee as Carol Wilkins
- Lisa Kudrow as Lois Scudder
- Kevin Dillon as Carl Scudder