Inside Llewyn Davis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed and written by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen.
- If it was never new, and it never gets old, then it's a folk song.
- The show's bullshit. Four Micks and Grandma Moses.
- Everything you touch turns to shit, you're like king Midas's idiot brother.
- I should have had you wear double condoms. But if you ever do it again, which is a favour to women everywhere you should not. But if you do, you should be wearing condom on condom. And then wrap it in electrical tape. You should just walk around always, inside a great big condom. Because you are shit!
- Jean: I don't know.
- Llewyn: You don't know if it's mine?
- Jean: No. How would I know?
- Llewyn: So it could be Jim's?
- Jean: Yes, asshole!
- Llewyn: You don't want it either way, to be clear?
- Jean: To be clear, asshole, you fucking asshole, I want very much to have it if it's Jim's. That's what I want. But since I don't know, you not only fucked things up by fucking me and maybe making me pregnant, but even if it's not yours, I can't know that, so I might have to get rid of what might be a perfectly fine baby, a baby I want, because everything you touch turns to shit! Like King Midas's idiot brother.
- Llewyn: Well, okay. I see.
- Jean: You know a doctor, right?
- Llewyn: Yes.
- Jean: From when? Whatever, Diane?
- Llewyn: Yes.
- Jean: And you'll pay for it.
- Llewyn: Yes.
- Jean: Don't tell Jim, obviously. I should've had you wear double condoms. Well, we shouldn't have done it in the first place, but if you ever do it again, which as a favor to women everywhere, you should not, but if you do, you should be wearing condom on condom and then wrap it in electrical tape. You should just walk around always inside a great big condom because you are shit!
- Llewyn: Okay.
- Jean: You should not be in contact with any living thing being shit.
- Llewyn: Have you ever heard the expression, "It takes two to tango"?
- Jean: Fuck you!
- Llewyn: Well, I could say we should talk about this when you're less angry, but that would be... that would be... when would that be?
- Jean: Fuck you! I miss Mike.
- Llewyn: Could I ask you for a favor?
- Jean: You're joking.
- Llewyn: It's not for me. It's for the Gorfeins. Their cat got out. Could you leave the fire escape window open?
- Jean: It's winter.
- Llewyn: Just enough for the cat to squeeze back in? It could come back.
- Jean: To our apartment? It was their like six hours. Why would it come back there?
- Llewyn: I don't know! I'm not a fucking cat! Think about it! I lost their fucking cat! I feel bad about it!
- Jean: That's what you feel bad about?
- Roland: What's the "N" stand for? Lou N. Davis?
- Llewyn: Llewyn. Llewyn, L-L-E-W-Y-N. It's Welsh.
- Roland: Well, it would have to be something, stupid fucking name like that. You don't look Welsh.
- Roland: A solo act?
- Llewyn: No, I had a partner... he threw himself off the George Washington Bridge.
- Roland: George Washington Bridge? You throw yourself off the Brooklyn Bridge, traditionally. George Washington Bridge? Who does that?
- Oscar Isaac - Llewyn Davis
- Carey Mulligan - Jean Berkey
- John Goodman - Roland Turner
- Garrett Hedlund - Johnny Five
- Justin Timberlake - Jim Berkey
- F. Murray Abraham - Bud Grossman
- Stark Sands - Troy Nelson
- Jeanine Serralles - Joy
- Adam Driver - Al Cody
- Ethan Phillips - Mitch Gorfein
- Alex Karpovsky - Marty Green
- Max Casella - Pappi Corsicato
- Benjamin Pike - young Bob Dylan