Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1978 film about a group of people in San Francisco who discover the human race is being replaced one by one, with clones devoid of emotion.
Get some sleep taglines
- Directed by Philip Kaufman. Written by W.D. Richter, based on the novel The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney
- See also:
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956 film)
- Elizabeth: I have seen these flowers all over. They are growing like parasites on other plants. All of a sudden. Where are they coming from?
- Nancy: Outer space?
- Jack: What are you talking about? A space flower?
- Nancy: Well why not a space flower? Why do we always expect metal ships?
- Jack: I've NEVER expected metal ships.
- Elizabeth: Yep, Boccardo's pills. He eats it like candy... or used to. Take some.
- Matthew: What are they?
- Dr. Kibner: Elizabeth, could you please tell me, in your opinion, what is going on?
- Elizabeth: People are being duplicated. And once it happens to you, you're part of this... thing. It almost happened to me!
- Elizabeth: I keep seeing these people, all recognizing each other. Something is passing between them all, some secret. It's a conspiracy, I know it.
- Matthew: There can't be a conspiracy!
- Elizabeth: Matthew, I'm telling you something is going on here.
- Matthew: [dials his phone] I'll get the police.
- Telephone Operator: Police.
- Matthew: Officer, I'd like to report four bodies.
- Telephone Operator: Wait right there Mr. Bennel.
- Matthew: How do you know my name?
- Jack: Hang up, Matthew.
- Matthew: [into the phone] I didn't tell you my name.
- Jack: Hang up!
- Matthew: [hangs up the phone] I didn't tell them my name!
- Nancy: That's because there're all part of it. They're all pods, all of them!
- Elizabeth: I hate you.
- Dr. Kibner: We don't hate you - there's no need for hate now. Or love.
- Elizabeth: There are people who will fight you. Stop you.
- Dr. Kibner: In an hour you won't want them to. Don't be trapped by old concepts, Matthew, you're evolving into a new lifeform.
- (last lines)
- Nancy: Matthew?
- Matthew: (loud, spine chilling scream as he points to her)
- Nancy: No! Stop!
- Watch out! They get you while you're sleeping!
- Sleep ... Sleep ... and be born again into a world without fear and hate!
- You'll never close your eyes again.
- The seed is planted...terror grows.