John Francis "Jack" Buck (August 21, 1924 – June 18, 2002) was an American sportscaster, best known for his work announcing Major League Baseball games of the St. Louis Cardinals. His play-by-play work earned him recognition from numerous Halls of Fame, such as the National Baseball Hall of Fame, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and the National Radio Hall of Fame. He has also been inducted as a member of the St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum. His son, Joe Buck, is also a sportscaster.
- Third and goal, quarterback sneak, touchdown, Green Bay!
- He takes off his cap. He mops his brow. He looks in and gets the sign. He starts the windup. Here's the pitch and it's ... A STRIKE CALLED! A NO-HITTER FOR GIBSON! Simmons roars to the mound, embraces Gibson who is engulfed by his teammates as the Cardinals win the game, 11–0!
- Brock takes the lead, Ruthven checks him. He is ... GOING! The pitch is a strike, the throw ... he is there! HE DID IT! 105 for Lou Brock!
- He's going! The pitch is high, the throw is ... safe! He stole it! The throw got by the shortstop and Brock has done it! They would've thrown him out, but the shortstop couldn't handle the bad throw and this is it, folks. Brock has now stolen 893!
- Calling Lou Brock's career record breaking 893rd stolen base in 1977.
- Breaking ball, hit off the pitcher, TO THE THIRD BASEMAN!!! No play! Base hit! Three thousand for Lou Brock!
- Montana lines up at the five. And on third-down-and-three he rolls right, looking to throw ... looking to throw...and he throws into the end zone, touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown, San Francisco, by Dwight Clark!
- Sutter from the belt, to the plate...a swing and a miss! And that's a winner! That's a winner! A World Series winner for the Cardinals!
- Smith corks one into right, down the line! It may go!! ... Go crazy, folks! Go crazy! It's a home run, and the Cardinals have won the game, by the score of 3 to 2, on a home run by the Wizard! Go crazy!
- The Dodger right-hander is set and here's his pitch to Jack Clark. Swing and a long one into left field! Adios, goodbye, and maybe that's a winner! A three-run homer by Clark and the Cardinals lead by the score of 7 to 5 and they may go to the World Series on THAT one, folks!
- Orta, leading off, swings and hits it to the right side, and the pitcher has to cover he is ... SAFE! SAFE! SAFE! And we'll have an argument! Sparky, I think he was out!
- Here's the pitch to Mookie Wilson. Winning run at second. Ground ball to first, it is a run...an error! An error by Buckner! The winning run scores! The Mets win it 6 to 5 with three in the 10th! The ball went right through the legs of Buckner and the Mets with 2 men out and nobody on have scored three times to bring about a seventh game, which will be played here tomorrow night. Folks, it was unbelievable. An error, right through the legs of Buckner. There were two outs, nobody on, a single by Carter, a single by Mitchell, a single by Ray Knight, a wild pitch, an error by Buckner. Three in the 9th for the Mets. They've won the game 6-5 and we shall play here ... tomorrow night! Well, open up the history book, folks, we've got an entry for you.
- Calling the final moments of Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.
- Off the stretch, Orosco, here's the pitch...swing and a long one into left field! Way back in the corner...GRAND SLAMMMMMAAHHH! A grand slam home run by Herr! And that's a winner! Twelve to eight!
- Here's the pitch...Swing and a fly ball, you want another winner here? Coleman going to it ... YOU GOT IT! That's a winner! 6–0 Cardinals!
- Gibson ... swings and a fly ball to deep right field. This is gonna be a home run! UNBELIEVABLE! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, five to four; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't BELIEVE what I just saw!
- Montana is back to throw. He looks and throws, end zone ... TOUCHDOWN! Touchdown ... to John Taylor with 34 seconds left! A 10 yard touchdown pass to John Taylor, and the 49ers lead by three, and the extra point will put the nail in the Cincinnati coffin.
- There's the snap; there's the kick. It is up; it is...NO GOOD! Norwood missed! Four seconds left. The Giants have won Super Bowl XXV by the score of 20–19.
- Into deep left center … for Mitchell … annnnd we'll see ya … tomorrow night!
- The Twins are gonna win the World Series! The Twins have won it! It's a base hit! It's a 1–0, ten inning victory!
- Mike Morgan is the pitcher. Here's the pitch to McGwire ... SWING ... looky there! LOOKY THERE!!!! Looky there! McGwire's number sixty-one!!! McGwire's flight 61 headed for Planet Maris! History! Bedlam! What a moment! Pardon me while I stand up and applaud!