Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sony is committed to supporting and developing artists from grassroots to festival headliners. We recognise the vital role that grassroots music venues play in that journey, providing an essential platform for artists to be able to take their first steps and develop their audiences. These venues are the heart of our music communities, and we support the work of the Music Venues Trust to protect, secure and improve them.
- The BRIT Awards is hugely influential and an aspirational platform that showcases British music to the world – and it is important that it reflects the taste of the diverse society we live in. We need to encourage the acceptance of equality and more diversity in music, popular culture and general daily life as the norm, not the exception. I believe this year’s show is incredibly diverse, reflecting the past 12 months.
- Article in Music Business Worldwide (21 February 2018)
- In the past, one was aware of it but didn’t discuss mental health issues. Now, it’s just a realisation that it’s okay to talk about these issues and realise that it’s prevalent within our companies – you can’t just sweep it under the carpet.
- The UK has always punched above its weight in music on a global level and I don’t see that changing any time soon, especially with some of the artists I know are coming in the not too distant future, so I feel the British music scene is in rude health.
Quotes about Jason Iley
- In all my years at Sony, Jason is by far my favourite human to have encountered. He is determined and artist-friendly and has a really admirable attitude towards running the company. I’ve noticed huge changes since he started, and I am now officially one of his disciples.