Jason Todd is a character in the DC Comics Universe, he was the second person to assume the identity of Robin, the superhero Batman's partner. Initially a superhero, he was killed off in 1988 as a result of a telephone poll in which readers voted to have the character die at the hands of Batman's adversary, The Joker. In 2005, he was resurrected as the antihero Red Hood, a vigilante who uses more lethal methods than his mentor.
- That looks like it's gotta hurt. Well, I say that like I'm speculating or something. I know it hurts.
- I seem to have made myself an enemy of all the bad guys.
- (after Batman tries to redeem him)"It's too late...you had your chance...and I'm just getting started." - Under the Red Hood
- (confronting Batman at the Ace Chemicals building) "Hard to forget that night, huh? In a way, Batman, this was the site of your first great failure. Maybe your greatest, but certainly not your last, right? Ah, memories.
- You can't stop crime! That's what you never understood! I'm CONTROLLING it! You want to rule them by fear but what do you do to those who aren't afraid?! I'm doing what YOU won't! I'm taking them out!
- (after beating The Joker to a pulp) Now tell me... How does it feel?
- (to Batman) Is that what you think this is about? That you let me die?! I don't know what clouds your judgment worse. Your guilt or your antiquated sense of morality. Bruce, I forgive you for not saving me. But why, why on God's Earth..." (kicks open a door, revealing the Joker.) "...IS HE STILL ALIVE?!?
- (to Batman, about Joker) Ignoring what he's done in the past-blindly, stupidly disregarding the entire graveyards he's filled, the thousands who've suffered, the friends he's crippled. And I thought...I thought I'd be the last person you'd ever let him hurt. If it had been you that he'd beat to a bloody pulp, if he had taken you from this world, I would have done nothing but search the planet for this pathetic pile of evil, death-worshipping garbage...and send him off to hell!!
- (after Batman explains why he never killed the Joker) Why? I'm not talking about killing Penguin or Scarecrow or Dent. I'm talking about him. Just him. And doing it because... Because he took me away from you.
- Hey...It's going to be hard to learn a great many things about me, but one I'll give you for free... I am no one's son.
- (to Onyx) "What do you think this was all about? We were going to rough these guys up and teach them a lesson? Welcome to planet Earth, baby! These dead sacks of meat on the floor made their living by beating, raping and devouring! Fear isn't the answer!" Batman: Under the Hood
- You son of a b****." (about Batman, after returning from the dead and seeing that the Joker is still at large)
- Yeah, well if you want answers to questions beyond reason...there is a guy in Arkham Asylum who wrote the book on crazy
About Jason Todd
- At this point [Jason] is beyond the point of no return in terms of ever being considered even remotely a hero. What I wanted to do here is put him in a place that he can't come back from. The things that he does here in Battle for the Cowl are things that can never really be forgiven. The only outcome would have to be imprisonment or something worse. But from this point on for Jason the gray area between good and bad has disappeared. It's crystal clear now that he is on the dark side.
- To me the whole killing of Robin thing was probably the ugliest thing I've seen in comics, and the most cynical.
- It would be a really sleazy stunt to bring him back.