Javad Alizadeh (born 9 January 1953) is an Iranian professional cartoonist best known for his caricatures of politicians, comic actors, footballers, and a scientific philosophical humor on Relativity theory who has titled it 4D Humor.
- The 4D style, or cosmic comics and relativistic humor, is based on Einstein's theory of relativity which I came up with 20 years ago. 4D works use the idea of the fourth dimension, time, playing on such surrealistic and amazing subjects as motion relativity, space curvature and time dilation.
- Caricatures speak through visual language and are therefore understandable by all people. They trigger a laugh which is also an international language and reaction. Caricatures can decrease violence and converge cultures. They aim to promote peace, and teach us to be moderate and laugh at our problems.
- As long as copyright is breached in Iran and international works are being freely published in magazines and newspapers, no one feels any need for Iranian works.
- Politically I am neither left nor right! And this kind of political-ethical standpoint-- being in the middle-- usually brings about seclusion and isolation! But now I do not mind it anymore and, instead, I work more and more in my self-made solitude!
- Quoted in "About me" in his 4D Humor website
- Paper is my best friend and paper seller is my worst friend!
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (April 1995), p. 3
- The world starts with a Big Bang and finishes with a human-made atomic Big Bang!
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (May 1995), p. 3
- We all laugh and cough with the same language and will die with the same language as well!
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (June 1995), p. 3
- It is a strange paradox: Humans drown in the water, fish drown in the land.
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (July 1995), p. 3
- Erasers remind us there is no faultless human.
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (August 1995), p. 3
- Sweetness of life depends to its bitterness.
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (September 1995), p. 3
- Our lives consist of two numbers: date of birth and date of death.
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (October 1995), p. 3
- The death of our close friends and relatives proves that how close the death is to us!
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (January 1996), p. 3
- I finally did not understand if we are living to survive or we are living to die!
- Quoted in Humor & Caricature (February 1995), p. 3