Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Businesspeople article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If you look at the history of big obstacles in understanding our world, there's usually an intuitive assumption underlying them that's wrong. In the case of the Solar System it was intuitively obvious that the Earth was at the center of the Solar System and things moved around us, but that just turned out to be wrong. … And it intuitively seems correct that the brain is just some sort of computer—it just seems natural. … But it has undermined almost all of our work to build intelligent machines and understand thinking. It's just wrong … the brain isn't like a computer at all.
- The key to artificial intelligence has always been the representation. You and I are streaming data engines.
- The New York Times: Jeff Hawkins Develops a Brainy Big Data Company (28 November 2012)
- I do two things: I design mobile computers and I study brains.
- Jeff Hawkins at TED2003: "How brain science will change computing" (February 2003)
Quotes about Hawkins
- Jeff Hawkins ... has served as inspiration to countless AI researchers, for which I give him a lot of credit.
- Andrew Ng in The Register: "Meet the man building an AI that mimics our neocortex – and could kill off neural networks" (29 March 2014)