Jeremy Richard Streynsham Hunt (born 1 November 1966) is a British politician serving as Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs since 2018. A member of the Conservative Party, he has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for South West Surrey since 2005.
- We want Brexit to make Britain more global, and not more insular
- Boris Johnson attacks Vince Cable for 'peddling lies', BBC News, 31 July 2017
- [The EU must] ensure its sanctions against Russia are comprehensive and we truly stand shoulder to shoulder with the US
- Jeremy Hunt wants 'malign' Russia to face tougher sanctions, BBC News, 21 August 2018
- Those who do not share our values need to know that there will always be a serious price to pay if red lines are crossed, whether territorial incursions, the use of banned weapons or increasingly cyber attacks
- What does Jeremy Hunt want from the United States?, BBC News, 22 August 2018
- If you put us in a difficult corner, we will stand our ground - that is the kind of country we are.
- Jeremy Hunt: Don't mistake politeness for weakness, BBC News, 22 September 2018
- The EU was set up to protect freedom. It was the Soviet Union that stopped people leaving.
- Brexit: EU figures demand Jeremy Hunt apologise for Soviet comparison, BBC News, 2 October 2018
- Britain has long championed international religious freedom
- Jeremy Hunt orders review into persecuted Christians' plight, BBC News, 26 December 2018
- If this deal is rejected, ultimately what we may end up with is not a different type of Brexit but Brexit paralysis. And Brexit paralysis ultimately could lead to no Brexit. I'm saying this would be (an) incredibly damaging breach of trust and it would also be very bad for Britain's reputation abroad, having decided to leave the EU, if we in the end for whatever reasons found we weren't able to do it.
- Brexit: Hunt warns of Brexit 'paralysis' if deal is rejected, BBC News, 11 January 2019
- The mother chose to leave a free country to join a terrorist organisation
- Shamima Begum: 'Not safe' to rescue IS bride's baby, says Hunt, BBC News, 10 March 2019
- There is one very big difference between me and Boris, which is that I am foreign secretary and I have a very big job to do to try and get this deal over the line and that has to be my focus. I think that what matters is we have a cabinet that believes in Brexit.
- Brexit: Jeremy Hunt says 'absolute priority' to avoid European polls, BBC News, 15 April 2019
- So for these and other reasons I believe it is time for the next Strategic Defence and Security Review to ask whether, over the coming decade, we should decisively increase the proportion of GDP we devote to defence
- Jeremy Hunt says UK 'should consider defence spending boost', BBC News, 14 May 2019
- [I have the business experience to secure a Brexit agreement.] Doing deals is my bread and butter
- Tory leadership: Raab sets out leader bid as Gove joins race, BBC News, 27 May 2019
- We need to deliver Brexit and my job is to make sure we have a debate about how we do that
- Jeremy Hunt warns over 'hard-line' Brexit approach, BBC News, 31 May 2019