Jim Morris (bodybuilder)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jim Morris (August 31, 1935 – January 28, 2016) was an American bodybuilder.
- I believe every creature is born with the inalienable right of freedom. Freedom to live in its natural environment, with its own kind, making its own decisions. I believe the law should prohibit the enslavement of all non human species for any purpose whatever.
- "Black Male Vegan: 77-Year-Old Bodybuilder Jim Morris Proves Vegans Can Be Muscular & Healthy", interview with Frugivore magazine (October 2, 2012).
- The protein in animal products is so laden with fats and chemicals and all sorts of stuff that's harmful to you. When I was competing and stuffing down all of that sort of stuff, I had lots of digestive problems. I was constipated and bloated and just miserable all the time. … [Going vegan] kept me not only healthy, but I feel better about myself and how I relate to other creatures in the world. … I think a lot of people don't realise if they would stop drinking milk and [consuming] all of the milk products, they would say, 'Wow, I didn't realise I could feel this good'. I know as a fact I would not be here and I would not be in this condition now had I continued eating the way I was.
- "Vegan Bodybuilder Jim Morris Talks to peta2", video interview with PETA (October 24, 2013).
- Health and well being are a way of life. Not a certain diet or set of exercises or any other single area, but a combination of all the aspects of your life. Accept full responsibility for yourself, your health and your choices. The western civilization culture is anti health in that it is designed to produce profit not health. Read up on epigenetics. You control more of the genes which differentiate you from other humans than you realize. You are your own creator and creation.
- "Jim Morris, vegan bodybuilder", interview with Great Vegan Athletes (2014).
- Most people have a problem becoming a vegan or stopping eating meat, but because of how I want to live in this world and how I want to treat other creatures, I have to be a vegan. In order for me to eat meat, I would have to change all of my other beliefs.
- "The Story of a 78-Year-Old Vegan Bodybuilder - Jim Morris: Lifelong Fitness", documentary-film on YouTube (March 11, 2014).