John Andrew Boehner (born November 17, 1949) is an American retired politician who served as the 53rd speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2011 to 2015. A member of the Republican Party, he was the U.S. representative for Ohio's 8th congressional district from 1991 to 2015. The district included several rural and suburban areas near Cincinnati and Dayton.
- What we really expect out of the Democrats is for them to treat us as they would like to have been treated.
- "Pelosi Elected Speaker, First Woman to Lead House", FoxNews.com (2007-01-04)
- If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas everyday.
- Dismissing a question on the wisdom of cutting funding to homeland security. 
- Just because you have a right to do something in America does not mean it is the right thing to do.
- "World Weighs In to Condemn Terry Jones' Planned Quran-Burning", "Sunshine Times", 2010-8-09
- We lost one of one of the great leaders of our lifetime on Monday. She was a true friend of America, and a champion of freedom. We're going to ensure that Margaret Thatcher’s legacy is honored by the United States government in a way commensurate with her enormous achievements.
- I leave with no regrets or burdens. If anything, I leave as I started; just a regular guy humbled by the chance to do a big job.
- Farewell speech (29 October 2015).
- Lucifer in the flesh, I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.
Quotes about Boehner
- This guy has emotional problems.