Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Dingell (July 8, 1926 – February 7, 2019) was an American politician who served as a Democratic U.S. Representative from Michigan and was the Dean (longest-serving member) of the House of Representatives.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The consequences of the behavior of the BATF in these kinds of cases (events such as Waco) is that they are not trusted. They are detested, and I have described them properly as jackbooted American fascists. They have shown no concern over the rights of ordinary citizens or their property. They intrude without the slightest regard or concern.
- Congressional Record, February 8, 1995
- I don't take sides for or against Hezbollah, or for or against Israel.
- Let me remind you this has been going on for years. We are bringing it to a halt. The harsh fact of the matter is when you're going to pass legislation that will cover 300 [million] American people in different ways it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people.
- From the live telephone interview which he gave to Paul W. Smith on his show Monday morning (on Detroit WJR News/Talk 760), March 22, 2010 about universal health care legislation .
- The Lovely Deborah is insisting I rest and stay off here, but after long negotiations we've worked out a deal where she'll keep up with Twitter for me as I dictate the messages. I want to thank you all for your incredibly kind words and prayers. You're not done with me just yet.
- Last public words, February 6, 2019, as quoted in Hannon, Elliot. Former Michigan Rep. John Dingell, the Longest-Serving Congressman in American History, Dies at 92. Slate.
About John Dingell
- Debbie [Dingell] worked for GM. The family made millions from GM while congressman [John] Dingell pushed for five bailouts for GM.
- John Stossel, "Control Freaks," Stossel (Fox Business Network, 4 December 2014), 9:55 PM ET