Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Joseph Horgan (born August 7, 1959) is a Canadian politician serving as the 36th and current Premier of British Columbia since July 2017. He has been leader of the British Columbia New Democratic Party since 2014, and MLA for the constituency of Langford-Juan de Fuca and its predecessors since 2005.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I’ve been shaped by the people I’ve met along the way. I’ve had great role models and I’ve had great mentors and a little bit of good luck. Now as a leader in a political movement I want to pay that forward.
- Whenever we go into a pulp town I breathe deep and it reminds me of a positive time in my youth.
- My obligation is to the people of BC, and I will defend that until I am no longer premier.
- About his opposition to the Trans Mountain Pipeline, as quoted in Canada: Trudeau vows to push ahead with pipeline plans in spite of protests (16 April 2018), The Guardian.
- These are extraordinary events. Not measured before, not contemplated before. [the extreme weather events of 2021 will lead to a host of initiatives to help communities adapt in the future] but there was nothing, nothing that could have been done [to prepare for] a three-times-the-historic-high volume of water travelling through Merritt in one day.
- Death toll in B.C. expected to rise after record flooding devastates province (published November 17 updated November 18)
- John Horgan NDP Caucus page
- John Horgan MLA
- Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
- John Horgan's Web Page for the 2014 BC NDP Leadership Campaign
- https://twitter.com/jjhorgan on Twitter
- https://twitter.com/PreparedBC [PreparedBC Twitter account]
- https://twitter.com/EmergencyInfoBC [EmergencyInfoBC Twitter account]