Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Pombe Joseph Magufuli (born 29 October 1959 - 17 March 2021) is the President of Tanzania, in office since 2015.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- While reiterating Tanzania's support to the right of the Saharawi people to self-determination, please accept, Your Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration
- President of the United Republic of Tanzania Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli has reaffirmed the support of his country to the right of the Saharawi people to self-determination said in a letter President of Republic, Secretary General of the Polisario Front, on the occasion the celebrations in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of proclamation of the Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic, quoted on AllAfrica, "Tanzania: President of Tanzania Reiterates Support to Right of the Saharawi People to Self-Determination", February 28, 2016.
- Dr Magufuli has so far shown a no-nonsense approach in taming corruption, laziness and the business-as-usual syndrome among public servants. This has endeared him to most Tanzanians. Whereas in the October polls he received only 58.46 per cent of the votes cast, the survey commissioned shows that if elections were to be held today, Dr Magufuli would win by a resounding 70 percent.
- The Citizen (newspaper), quoted Daily Maverick, "Tanzania: Hundred days later, what has Magufuli done?", February 14, 2016.
- Those criticising the president have nothing better to do. It is for the president to decide which meetings he wants to attend and which he wants to delegate to the vice-president or the prime minister who can also serve the purpose
- Head of Political Science and Public Administration Department at the University of Dar es Salaam, Dr Benson Bana, faulted those criticising Dr Magufuli, stressing that the president is setting the nation in order (referring to how Magufuli does not attend meetings), quoted on Daily News, "Magufuli backed on foreign trips", February 3, 2015.
- We are following the policies carried out by the new government. President Magufuli has the support of Tanzanian people. He is also very popular in other African countries. Now we see the optimism in Tanzania and this is very positive.
- Turkish Ambassador to Tanzania, H.E Yasemin Eralp on President John Magufuli while talking about relationships with Tanzania and Turkey
- Interview with the Turkish Ambassador to Tanzania