Tanzania (Swahili: Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania) is a country in East Africa in the African Great Lakes region. It is bordered by Kenya and Uganda to the north; Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west; and Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique to the south. The country's eastern border is formed by the Indian Ocean. Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, is in northeastern Tanzania.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I do believe that your Chinese business people and your partners from Tanzania will take this existing business relationship to the higher ground as Tanzania provides an increasing improved investment and trade environment.
- Zanzibar’s Minister of State in the Second Vice President’s office, Mr Mohammed Aboud, said in Dar es Salaam that the government would create a stable and conducive macro-economic framework for investment and economic growth, quoted on Daily News, "Retail Chinese food vendors launch services in Tanzania", March 1, 2016.
- They put up that proposal that they want a number of refugees to be sent to Tanzania, and from here they can be sorted out and repatriated to their own countries. But that proposal was not accepted by our government because already we have enough of a refugee problem. We were negotiating, yes. But we have already given them our answer, a negative answer. Maybe his [Mr Blair's] officials have not reported back to the government. The Tanzanians are assisting us to identify some Tanzanian nationals in the UK, falsely claiming asylum as Somalis.
- Tanzania's deputy home minister, John Chiligati, quoted in BBC News, "UK plans asylum camp in Tanzania", February 26, 2004.
- The collaboration between the U.S. medical team, the Ministry of Health officials from Zanzibar and the Tanzania People’s Defense Force, and the ability to get these three organizations together, is remarkable.
- Kevin Czarkowski, U.S. Army Africa chief of exercises and the command and control officer, quoted on DVIDS News, "US, Tanzania work together in first MEDRETE of year", February 8, 2012.
- Interviewer Florence Mugarula: What is the current relations between Turkey and Tanzania?
- Turkish Ambassador to Tanzania, H.E Yasemin Eralp: We are enjoying excellent bilateral relations with Tanzania. Africa is one of the priorities of Turkish foreign policy. Ten years ago the Turkish government adopted a new strategy towards Africa and decided to be more active. We opened many embassies all over the continent. In 2009, we only had 12 embassies and today 39.
- The Islamic Republic of Iran’s close relations with African countries play an important role in maintaining stability and security as well as safe and secure shipping in this region
- Iran’s Ambassador to Dar es Salaam, Mehdi Aqa Ja’fari ,on Iran maintaining ties with African Countries to maintain security and stability... when he mean's by "shipping", he is referring to the Iran Naval Base expanding sea control (An Iranian navy fleet docked in Dar es Salaam, a city in Tanzania), quoted on PressTV, Iran Navy flotilla docks at Tanzania port, March 1, 2016.
- Tanzania is a growing tourism market. Jovago intends to nurture and grow by enabling both local and foreign tourists to discover more about their destinations long before arrival. We aim to show the beauty that lies within as well as encourage travel and discovery of Tanzania by use of our services.
- CEO Paul Midy of Jovago.com, this quote relates to Tourism in Tanzania, quoted on Travel Daily News, "Jovago’s Hospitality Report reveals Tanzania’s tourism potential", March 1, 2016.