Jump to navigation Jump to search
An Adventure For Those Who Seek To Find A Way To Leave Their World Behind.
Jumanji is a 1995 film based on Chris Van Allsburg's beloved children's book about two kids who play a magical, jungle-themed board game with a host of dangers that can only be stopped if the game is finished. It was directed by Joe Johnston.
- In the jungle, you must wait, until the dice read 5 or 8.
- STOP GIVING ME THINGS THAT COME APART!!!
- I've got it! Colonel Mustard in the library with the wrench. [laughs] Clue.
- You think monkeys, mosquitoes, and lions are bad? That's just the beginning. I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine. Things you can't even see. There are things that hunt you in the night. Then something screams. Then you hear them eating, and you hope to God that you're not dessert. Afraid? You don't know what afraid is. You will not last 5 minutes without me.
- Judy: We barely even knew our parents. They were always away. Skiing in St. Moritz, gambling in Monte Carlo, safariing in darkest Africa. We didn't even know if they loved us. But when the sheik's yacht went down, they managed to write us a really beautiful goodbye note that was found floating in a champagne bottle amongst the debris.
- Carl: [after a jungle vine takes his car away] FINE!! TAKE IT!!
- [after Alan jumps onto Carl's car]
- Alan: What year is it?
- Carl: It was brand-new.
- Alan: No. What year is it?
- Judy: Uh, 1995. Remember?
- Alan: '95?
- Carl: You got some ID? Oh, lemme guess, you probably left it in the other Tarzan outfit, right?
- Alan: [to himself] 26 years!
- Carl: Are you from around here?
- Alan: I was. But I've been in Jumanji.
- Judy: Indonesia. He was in the Peace Corps.
- Carl: [about Alan] Is this man related to you?
- Judy: Yes, sir. He's our... uncle.
- Carl: Does he always dress like that?
- Judy: Well, yeah. He's a... vegetarian.
- [Alan watches as a pair of monkeys climb into Carl's squad car]
- Alan: GET OUTTA THERE!!! [screeches and makes monkey noises; to Judy, Peter, and Carl] Monkeys! Monkeys!
- Carl: Is he all right upstairs?
- Judy: He suffered a head injury a few months ago.
- [Alan runs after a pelican who has the game in his beak]
- Alan: WHY DIDN'T YOU GRAB THE GAME, PETER?!
- Sarah: Just ignore him, honey. He's a libra. [to Alan] Where are you going?!
- Alan: He'll head for water!
- Sarah: What happened?
- Peter: I thought I could end the game myself. I was only 10 spaces away.
- Judy: [reads a notice in the center of the board] A law of Jumanji having been broken, you will slip back even more than your token.
- Sarah: You tried to cheat?
- Peter: No! I tried to drop the dice so they'd land on 12.
- Sarah: Oh, okay, honey. Well, that would be cheating.
- Judy: Peter, your hands! Look at your hands! [Peter sees monkey fur growing on his hands as the penalty for cheating]
- Alan: Where's Sir Sav-A-Lot?
- Carl: Monroe and Elm!
- Alan: The Episcopal Church.
- Carl: No, it's not a church anymore. Now it's a Speedy Burger. Or at least it was. I don't know what's left of it. People in this town are goin' loopy.
- Sarah: Alan, you wrestled an alligator for me.
- Alan: It was a crocodile. Alligators don't have that little fringe on their hind leg.
- Sarah: My mistake.
- Robin Williams – Alan Parrish
- Jonathan Hyde – Samuel Alan Parrish/Hunter Van Pelt
- Bonnie Hunt – Sarah Whittle
- Kirsten Dunst – Judy Shepherd
- Bradley Pierce – Peter Shepherd
- Bebe Neuwirth – Aunt Nora Shepherd
- David Alan Grier – Carl Bentley