Quotes from others about Kamal Haasan
- K. Balachander
- Mani Ratnam
- There are some things he can do that others can but there are many things Kamal can do that no other actor can.
- Shahrukh Khan
- I walk down the road and people want to kiss me. I'd never do all that to anyone. Not Mr. Bachchan or Mr. Rajnikant. The exception is Kamal. I asked him if I could touch him when I first met him. He has an amazing sense of using space. When he plays an old man his gait and the way he stands is enough to convey his age. He doesn't need make-up. I find him greater than Dustin Hoffman and De Niro put together, I know Kamal can make you cry with a look in his eyes. I know his pauses. He has an amazing sense of timing that he knows the audience likes. He's a technician par excellence. That kind of knowledge and control every actor should strive to get.
- God has become a generic term like mind blowing. It is embarrassing. I would have said that to Amitabh Bachchan, Naseeruddin Shah, Nana Patekar. I used to tell them I want to stand in the same space as you. I've told Kamal Haasan, I just want to touch you. They are the gods of acting.
- Aamir Khan
- It's Kamal who inspired me to do one film at a time.
- Gautam Menon
- If I have to wait for an actor to do my film it has to be Kamal sir or my good friend Surya. I want to work with people who have their head firm on their shoulder.
- Shyam Benegal
- He is a legend in every sense of the term. He is a writer, singer, director, lyricist and an actor par-excellence.
- Satyajit Ray
- I know Kamalahasan rather well personally, but I haven't seen his films. I think he's very talented. I like to talk to him because he's intelligent.
- K Balachander praises Kamal Hassan!. The Times of India (2009). Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Divya Kumar (2010). His Master's voice. The Hindu. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Shiva Kumar (2006). Mani misses working with Kamal. The Hindu. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Shiva Kumar (2006). I wanted to touch him:SRK on Kamal Haasan. The Hindu. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Kamal is God of Acting: SRK. SRK Official Fan page. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Shiva Kumar (2006). Aamir on Kamal. The Hindu. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Shiva Kumar (2006). Gautham on Kamal. southdreamz.com. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Sangeetha Seshagiri (15 September 2013). Kamal Haasan to be Bestowed with Lifetime Achievement Award. International Business Times. Retrieved on 13 March 2014.
- I can hope for nothing more. India Today (15 January 1992). Retrieved on 3 April 2014.