Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamogelo Matona (born 29 November 1999),  popularly known as Kamo Mphela, is a South African dancer and singer. She became an internet celebrity after she posted a video of her dancing on her social media account. 
- "The fame doesn’t last that long so you have to make the most of it while you still have time. That’s what people don’t understand. It’s not a lifetime thing unless you are legendary.”
- "Cassper is still the biggest artist but he still has to convince people that he is the best. I don’t want to go through that personally. There’s only so much you can do in your own country. Fill Up was the biggest so what’s next? It’s easy to get to the top but it’s hard to stay there.”
- “I didn’t even know that the Jobe song had splits.”
- “I never signed to Major League. It’s just an association signing. I’m signed to myself. I met Mojar League at Moja Cafe when they were performing. That was there the first time they saw me. The asked me to come into the studio and started doing gigs with them.”
- Kamo Mphela on making the most out of her fame by Bukola, October 2,2020, Retrieved 2023/11/16
- "Someone released music under my name , which is wild like why would you do that babe ??”
- Kamo Mphela Reacts To An Unknown Artist Who Released Music Under Her Name by GLORIA MASIA, 2022/05/16, Retrieved 2023/11/26
Quotes about Kamogelo Matona
- "she stated that she did not look up to any SA celebrity while growing up but she is a fan of Busiswa’s performances."
- “Jr met Jobe and after a video of me promoting the song went viral on Twitter they wanted me on the track. The song was already done and I put my vocals on it.
- "People trying to get you to sign contracts so that they can hold you down. I went through a couple of songs where I didn’t get any money from them. Jobe is one of those."
- “Jr wanted to sign me for three years. There was a bit of drama when I didn’t want to sign the contract. That’s why I’m not even on the Jobe music video.”
- Kamo Mphela on making the most out of her fame, by Bukola, October 2,2020,Retrieved 16/11/2023