Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There is no nurturing of talent [in the music industry]. No one wants artists to grow and develop. Everyone is afraid of being fired and they didn't move with the digital age. The music industry had the power to move with the digital age, but they didn't do it and it was the biggest mistake they ever made. It fucked them really bad. And they waste so much money! It's ridiculous, they don't use it wisely. There are a lot of uncreative people in a creative industry. Most of them want to keep their jobs and don't know how to be innovative.
- My advice to a young artist is don't sign a deal. Know that there are other options out there. Because the power is taken away from you. I was 18 when I signed my record deal and it was all these older men who didn't give a fuck about my mental health and they worked me like a donkey. They're always happy to take the money, but when I experimented and changed direction musically – which every artist should be able to do – I was dropped immediately. But they're still happy to collect the cash from my first record now.
- 'Females of all description' is not a music genre. It's sexist. [There would] never be a 'males of all description' section because the rest of the shop and all other music genres are considered male. Female is not a genre. Don't categorise my sex.
- The production of farming all animals is damaging the planet. The feed and grain that these animals consume, the toxins that come from farming, what it's doing to the land and the air, how we're messing with these animals' natural habitats, behaviors, patterns, their health and ecosystems. My favourite thing about being vegan is honestly that it's the most kind way to live. It gives me a sense of peace and self-worth. I feel like everything is better for me mentally. Physically I feel stronger and cleaner inside, with no hormones and toxins of a living thing being processed by my body. I feel so healthy. More focused and energized.
- Real sexiness is about confidence, intelligence, mystery, art and passion.
- I would never say "I'm straight, I'm bisexual, I'm gay". I feel like I will fall in love with a human being for who they are. I'm not afraid to say I've been attracted to a woman before and I've kissed girls before and been in love with them before. I've never really had a girlfriend or anything and I would never say I'm anything, really. I don't have an identity in that way.
- Kate's Birthday In The Press. katenash.com (6 July 2013). Retrieved on 25 December 2019.
- Garratt, Rob (30 November 2011). Kate Nash interview. TimeOutDubai.com. Retrieved on 9 March 2013.
- Interview with Kate Nash: Patti Smith looks like she had a fucking epic life!. artistxite.com (25 September 2013). Retrieved on 25 September 2013.
- Kate Nash, interview: 'My record label dumped me by text'. inews.co.uk (11 April 2018). Retrieved on 26 December 2019.
- Denham, Jess (1 September 2016). Kate Nash calls out 'sexist' record shop for 'females of all description' category. The Independent.
- Webber, Jemima (14 October 2019). Kate Nash Says Veganism Is ‘the Most Kind Way to Live’. www.livekindly.co. Retrieved on 25 December 2019.
- Nash, Kate (29 October 2010). "Kate Nash: 'Real sexiness is about art, mystery and intelligence'". The Independent.
- Bendix, Trish (18 July 2010). Kate Nash: "I would never say I’m straight. I don’t have an identity in that way.". After Ellen. Retrieved on 13 November 2013.