Laurence Kim Peek (November 11, 1951 – December 19, 2009) was a savant with a photographic or eidetic memory and developmental disabilities, resulting from congenital brain abnormalities. He was the inspiration for the character of Raymond Babbit, played by Dustin Hoffman, in the movie Rain Man.
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Recognizing and respecting differences in others, and treating everyone like you want them to treat you, will help make our world a better place for everyone. Care... be your best. You don't have to be handicapped to be different. Everyone is different!
- Because no battle is ever won. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools. Be different!
About Kim Peek
- I may be the star, but you are the heavens.
- Dustin Hoffman, upon meeting Kim Peek ("The Real Rain Man")
- I don't think anybody could spend five minutes with Kim and not come away with a slightly altered view of themselves, the world, and our potential as human beings.