Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (キングダムハーツ チェインオブメモリーズ, Kingudamu Hātsu Chein obu Memorīzu) is the second installment in the Kingdom Hearts series of Game Boy Advance video games. It bridges the gap between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. The game was released in the United States on December 7, 2004 and in Europe on May 6, 2005. A remake of the game, Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories, is released in the United States in the fall of 2008.
- Vexen: (Defeated by Sora for the second time) Urrgh...You have such strength even at the mercy of your memory.
- Sora: None of that matters! Just put Riku back!
- Vexen: (Laughs) Just put him back? The Riku you speak of has but one fate, to sink into the darkness, and you will share that fate, Sora! If you continue to seek the girl, Naminè, the shackles will tighten, you'll lose your heart, and end up becoming Marluxia's pawn!
- Sora: Marluxia? What does Naminé have to do with--(Axel's Chakrams strikes Vexen, laying him down) Axel!
- Axel: Yo, Sora. Did I catch you at a bad time?
Vexen: (Straining) Axel...why?
- Axel: I came to stop you from talking too much, by eliminating your existence.
- Vexen: No! Don't do it!
- Axel: We are just Nobodies who have no one to be. Yet we still are. But now you can be nothing instead of just being a Nobody. You're off the hook.
- Vexen: No! Please don't! I don't want to--
Axel: Goodbye. (Snaps his fingers and Vexen bursts into flames and fades back into darkness)
- Sora: What are you--What ARE you people?!
- Axel: (Pause) Don't know. I wonder about that myself. (Disappears)
- Axel: How can we help you, Vexen? It's not very often we see you topside.
Vexen: I came to lend a hand. You obviously believe this Sora has much potential but I remain convinced he is truly worth such coddling. I think an experiment would show if he really of any value to us.
- Larxene: Hmph. Well, here we go again. It's just an excuse so you can carry out your little experiments. That's all.
- Vexen: I'm a scientist. Experiments are what I do, yes.
Axel: Whatever. You can do what you want. But you know, I think testing Sora is just for testing your valet.
- Vexen: Valet? He's the product of pure research.
- Larxene: What he actually is is a toy.
- Vexen: Hmph. You should just learn to be quiet.
Axel: Anyway...Since you came all this way, you're gonna need this. A humble gift to my elder. I hope you use it to put on a very good show for us.(throwing a card to Vexen)
- Vexen: I dare say I won't.
- Riku Replica:You've changed. You're on darkness. It doesn't frighten you anymore.
Riku: How can you tell?
Riku Replica: Because I'm you.
Riku: No, I'M me.
(Riku Replica pauses)
- Riku Replica: "I'm me," he says. It must be nice, being real. A fake like me could never get away with saying that. That's right, I'm a phony! A fake! The way I look, the way I feel, everything I remember! And even... this new found power! I thought by finding some new strength, I could finally be someone, someone who's not at all you! But nothing changes... I'm still just empty! Everything about me is borrowed. As long as you're around, I'll never be any more than a shadow!