Jump to navigation Jump to search
Everyone has a motive. No one has a clue. (taglines)
- Directed and written by Rian Johnson.
- It's a weird case from the start. A case with a hole in the center. A donut.
- I suspect foul play. I have eliminated no suspects.
- I spoke in the car about the hole at the center of this donut. And yes, what you and Harlan did that fateful night seems at first glance to fill that hole perfectly. A donut hole in the donut's hole. But we must look a little closer. And when we do, we see that the donut hole has a hole in its center - it is not a donut hole at all but a smaller donut with its own hole, and our donut is not a hole at all!
- You have a regurgitative reaction to mistruths.
- But the complexity and the gray lie not in the truth but what you do with the truth once you have it.
- Physical evidence can tell a clear story with a forked tongue.
- Why is grief the providence of youth? I don't know. But I'd imagine that age deepens all feelings.
- Best judge of character is a dog. I've found that to be true.
- It describes the path of a projectile determined by natural law. Et voila,my method. I observe the facts without biases of the head or heart. I determine the arc's path, stroll leisurely to its terminus and the truth falls at my feet.
- This might be the best thing that has ever happened to you. My mother, ladies and gentlemen.
- We are the Thrombeys, goddamnit! This is still our house!
- [to Marta] Were you boinking my father?
- Lieutenant Elliott: That... was the dumbest car chase of all time.
- Marta Cabrera: I've never been to a will reading before.
- Benoit Blanc: You'd think it'd be like a game show, but think of a community production of a tax return.
- Ransom Drysdale: That's some heavy-duty conjecture.
- Walt Thrombey: Funny, Ransom, you skipped the funeral, but you're early for the will reading.
- Ransom Drysdale: Up your ass.
- Meg Thrombey: Oh, very nice!
- Ransom Drysdale: Matter of fact, eat shit. How's that? [pointing to each family member who is shouting at him] Eat shit, eat shit, eat shit... definitely eat shit... I got to do this more often.
- Benoit Blanc: This is a twisted web, and we are not finished untangling it, not yet.
- Ransom Drysdale: What is this, CSI: KFC?
- Marta Cabrera: What was that about will readings being boring?
- Benoit Blanc: The exception that proves the rule.
- Marta Cabrera: You're not much of a detective, are you?
- Benoit Blanc: Well, to be fair, you make a pretty lousy murderer.
- Benoit Blanc: Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to request that you all stay until the investigation is completed.
- Linda Drysdale: What?
- Joni Thrombey: Can we ask why? Has something changed?
- Benoit Blanc: No...
- Joni Thrombey: No, it hasn't changed, or no, we can't ask?
- Everyone has a motive. No one has a clue.
- Hell, any of them could have done it.
- Nothing brings a family together like murder.
- Daniel Craig - Benoit Blanc
- Chris Evans - Hugh Ransom Drysdale
- Ana de Armas - Marta Cabrera
- Jamie Lee Curtis - Linda Drysdale
- Michael Shannon - Walter "Walt" Thrombey
- Don Johnson - Richard Drysdale
- Toni Collette - Joni Thrombey
- Lakeith Stanfield - Detective Lieutenant Elliot
- Katherine Langford - Megan "Meg" Thrombey
- Jaeden Martell - Jacob Thrombey
- Riki Lindhome - Donna Thrombey
- Edi Patterson - Fran
- K Callan - Wanetta "Great Nana" Thrombey
- Noah Segan - Trooper Wagner
- Christopher Plummer - Harlan Thrombey
- M. Emmet Walsh - Mr. Proofroc
- Marlene Forte - Mrs. Cabrera
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Detective Hardrock