Leila Ben Ali
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I don't involve myself in politics, my daily life is devoted to charity and social work. Apart from that I help my loved ones to live better, that's true. I never wanted to harm anyone. I deplore the fact that people have forgotten that for 23 years their lives improved greatly … and Tunisia became a modern country. I hope that my compatriots will render me justice by remembering the journey we undertook together. I hope that in the twilight of my life I will retain my honour.
- 1 July, 2012. 
- We were certainly aware that our country was going through a difficult time.
- Dogs howled, sensing the drama. Without Seriati(General), the president would never have left the country, it was a coup d’état … helped by secret outside influences.
- 23 June, 2012. Ben Ali’s wife blames general for Tunisia ‘coup d’état’
Quotes about Leila Ben Ali
- Corruption in Tunisia is getting worse. Whether it's cash, services, land, property, or yes, even your yacht, President Ben Ali's family is rumored to covet it and reportedly gets what it wants.
- Wikileaks, May 2011. What WikiLeaks revealed about Leila Ben Ali's excesses in Tunisia