Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I call it "cut and paste journalism." It's very convenient, very easy, very useful. And very dishonest.
- Cut and Paste Journalism, Hic Sunt Leones, 16/01/2006
- Theology is just like sex, the art of penetrating the mystery.
- Arts, Hic Sunt Leones, 15/6/2007
- I prefer news without interviews to interviews without news.
- Useless Interviews, Hic Sunt Leones, 22/11/2007
- The Anglican Church seems the Wonder Emporium of Mr Magorium.
- Anglicanism, Hic Sunt Leones, 24/06/2008
- Pope Benedict XVI is working softly, slowly, often silently, unobtrusively, behind the scenes, mostly unseen. But he is working hard. I like the great job of reconciliation that he is doing inside the Roman Catholic Church: reconciliation between traditionalists and liberals, conservative and reform-oriented faithful, liturgical Latinists and Mass polyglots, old-time lovers and progressives, high-flying souls and pedestrian believers, thinkers and doers--Christians and Catholics. It is a hidden work of diplomacy, interactions, influences, concessions, agreements, acknowledgments. A "hard job" well done until now.
- Christians and Catholics, Hic Sunt Leones, 9/10/2008
- Believe it or not, after the Second Vatican Council anticlericalism is a Catholic virtue. In elaborating a theology of laity, as many call it, and speaking of a hierarchy of service rather than of domination in the Church, Vatican II implicitly endorsed opposition to clericalism, which is a policy of maintaining or increasing the power of a religious hierarchy. Clearly, this sort of anticlericalism has nothing to do with the other anticlericalism.
- The A-Word, Hic Sunt Leones, 22/10/2008
- Suffering from an evident complex of moral inferiority, a lot of journalists are interested in teaching the Pope how to do the Pope. Suffering from an evident complex of moral superiority, a lot of priests are interested in teaching journalists how to do journalism. But the worst of all are the journalist-priests.
- Complexes, Hic Sunt Leones, 22/03/2009
- The United Nations General Assembly: The greatest show on Earth, starring Barack Obama, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Muammar Gaddafi.
- UN Circus, Hic Sunt Leones, 24/09/2009