Mon Dernier soupir (My Last Sigh, 1983)
- God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
- Thank God I'm an atheist.
- Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
- Frankly, despite my distaste of the press, I'd love to rise from the grave every ten years or so and go buy a few newspapers.
- If someone were to prove to me- right this minute- that God, in all his luminescence, exists, it wouldn't change a single aspect of my behavior.
- If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead.
- In the name of Hippocrates, doctors have invented the most exquisite form of torture ever known to man: survival.
- Salvador Dali seduced many ladies, particularly American ladies, but these seductions usually consisted of stripping them naked in his apartment, frying a couple of eggs, putting them on the woman's shoulders and, without a word, showing them the door.
- Like the majority of deaf people, I don't like blind people much.
- I like go to bed and get up early; in that, I am anti-Spanish.
- A paranoiac is like a poet, born, not made. (Un paranoico como un poeta, nace, no se hace)
- The story is also a sequence of moral and surrealist aesthetic. The sexual instinct and the sense of death form its substance. (The golden age)
- Give me two hours a day of activity, and I'll take the other twenty-two in dreams.