Make America Great Again
"Make America Great Again" (MAGA) is a campaign slogan which is used in American politics and was popularized by Donald Trump in his successful 2016 presidential campaign. Ronald Reagan used the similar slogan "Let's make America great again" in his successful 1980 presidential campaign.
- What is the way? Here is America. There are 130,000,000 of us. America needs a leader who can coordinate labor, capital, and management; who can give the man of enterprise encouragement, who can give them the spirit which will beget vision. That will make America great again.
- Alexander Wiley, Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the 76th Congress Third Session Volume 86 Part 11, p.12393.
- For those without job opportunities, we’ll stimulate new opportunities, particularly in the inner cities where they live. For those who’ve abandoned hope, we’ll restore hope and we’ll welcome them into a great national crusade to make America great again.
- Ronald Reagan (2004). "Speech Accepting the Republican Nomination for President". Tear Down this Wall: The Reagan Revolution – a National Review History. A&C Black. p. 22.
- Sadly, the American dream is dead. But if I get elected president I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before, and we will make America great again.
- Donald Trump, Presidential Bid Announcement, "Full text: Donald Trump announces a presidential bid", The Washington Post, 16 June 2015.
- Today I am excited to announce that I am going to make Alberta the fifty first state, I really am.