Michael Richard "Mike" Pence (June 7, 1959 –) is an American politician and attorney, and the Vice President of the United States. He previously served from 2013 to 2017 as the 50th governor of Indiana, represented Indiana's 2nd congressional district and Indiana's 6th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 2001 to 2013, and served as chairman of the House Republican Conference from 2009 to 2011.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Further, [President Clinton's] repeated lies to the American people in this matter compound the case against him as they demonstrate his failure to protect the institution of the presidency as the 'inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals'. Leaders affect the lives of families far beyond their own 'private life.'
- Just because I’m a-clappin’ for it, doesn’t mean I’m a-votin’ for it.
- As a conservative who believes in limited government, I believe the only check on government power in real time is a free and independent press. A free press ensures the flow of information to the public, and let me say, during a time when the role of government in our lives and in our enterprises seems to grow every day--both at home and abroad--ensuring the vitality of a free and independent press is more important than ever.
- World Press Freedom Day (May 4, 2009)
Trump/Pence 2016 Presidential Campaign
- I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order.
- We cannot have four more years apologizing to [America's] enemies and abandoning our friends. America needs to be strong for the world to be safe, and on the world stage, Donald Trump will lead from strength.
- Donald Trump and I believe that Captain Humayun Khan is an American hero and his family, like all Gold Star families, should be cherished by every American. Captain Khan gave his life to defend our country in the global war on terror. Due to the disastrous decisions of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a once stable Middle East has now been overrun by ISIS. This must not stand. By suspending immigration from countries that have been compromised by terrorism, rebuilding our military, defeating ISIS at its source and projecting strength on the global stage, we will reduce the likelihood that other American families will face the enduring heartbreak of the Khan family.
- Honesty is the axis on which leadership spins.
- Remarks at Reagan Library, C-SPAN.org (September 8, 2016)
Vice presidential debate (October 4, 2016)
- There's a reason why people question the trustworthiness of Hillary Clinton, and that's because they're paying attention.
- Police officers are the best of us. Men and women, white, African-American, Asian, Latino, Hispanic – they put their lives on the line every single day.
- We can put cybersecurity first if we just make sure the next secretary of state doesn't have a private server.
Vice President of the United States (2017-Present)
- I truly do believe, if all of us do all that we can, that we will once again, in our time, restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law, I just know in my heart of hearts that this will be the generation that restores life in America.
- The quickest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
- Honestly, my focus is completely on the progress we're making, we fully support the decision that was made regarding that employee.
Quotes about Pence
- [Pence and Jeff Flake] were pushing back against their own party’s president. They were calling out the hypocrisy, and they weren’t loved for it among the leadership and the establishment, they didn’t back down, ever. That was typical Pence and typical Flake.
- He is a man of character and accomplishment. He is the right man for the job.
- Mike Pence did an incredible job, and I'm getting a lot of credit because that's really my first so-called choice.
- [Pence has] got good experience and solid judgment and great background.
- One of the staffers said [Pence and I] looked like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, coming through those swinging doors, so we’ve called each other ‘Butch’ and ‘Sundance’ jokingly ever since.
- Mike is intensely loyal. That’s a virtue. He has never uttered to me one syllable of disagreement with the president. And frankly, I admire him for that.
- We’ve taken different paths, but I’m not trying to suggest that mine is a more virtuous path than his. He’s in a position with considerably more power than I have, and there’s something to be said for that.