Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao (born December 17, 1978, in Kibawe, Bukidnon, Mindanao, Philippines), also known as Manny Pacquiao, is a Filipino professional boxer and politician. He is a seven-division world champion, the first boxer in history to win nine world titles in seven different weight divisions. He is also the first boxer in history to win the lineal championship in four different weight classes. He was named "Fighter of the Decade" for the 2000s by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA). He is also a three-time BWAA and The Ring "Fighter of the Year" in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
|This article about a sports figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I want to be the best fighter. I would like to fight in the biggest fights.
- Conference Call before the "Blaze of Glory: Pacquiao vs. Solis"
- As quoted in "Manny Pacquaio/Bob Arum Conference Call Transcript," at East Side Boxing (2007-07-04)
- Only God knows that. He is the only one who knows. He is only one who will know. And he is the only one who does know.
- Boxing is not for killing.
- As a Christian, same-sex marriage is not allowed. Woman was made for man, man was made for woman. For me, it’s common sense. Will you see any animals where male is to male and female is to female? The animals are better. They know how to distinguish, male or female. If we approve male on male, female on female, then man is worse than animal. Right? Even among animals… those of the same sex are not allowed to lie together. But I’m not condemning them. Just the marriage, the committing of sin against God.
- Pacquiao's stand on Same-Sex marriage
- As quoted in Manny Pacquiao’s stand on same-sex marriage: ‘Mas masahol pa sa hayop ang tao’ InterAksyon, February 15, 2016