Manos: The Hands of Fate
Manos: The Hands of Fate is a 1966 American horror film about a family on vacation who lose their way while on a road trip and are trapped in a lodge with a polygynous cult worshipping the deity “Manos” (Spanish for “hands”). It is considered one of the worst films ever made.
- Directed and screenplay by Harold P. Warren.
- I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.
- There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here.
- You were his first wife, but he's grown sick of you. He doesn't want you anymore, I don't even want you anymore!
- He has left this world. But he is with us always. No matter where we go he is with us.
- You have failed us, Torgo. For this, you must die.
- Manos, god of primal darkness. As thou has decreed so have I done. The hands of fate have doomed this man. Thy will is done.
- Arise, my wifes. Give ear to the words of Manos. Arise, my wives! And hear the will of Manos.
- [last lines] I am Michael. I take care of the place while the Master is away.
- [repeated line] Mike, I'm scared.
- The End?
- Margaret: [first lines] We’re almost there honey. Just a little while longer and your vacation starts.
- Debbie: I’m getting cold mother, and hungry!
- Michael: Hey, Torgo, where's the phone? Yes, Alexander Graham Bell, you know, telephone?
- Torgo: There is no phone here, sir. The Master does not approve of such devices.
- Margaret: Then... then where is the nearest phone?
- Torgo: The nearest phone is at the crossroads. That's ten miles.
- Margaret: Ten miles? Might as well be ten THOUSAND miles!
- Michael: [getting mad] Easy, honey! It won't help to get mad!
- Torgo: There is nothing to fear madam. The Master likes you. Nothing will happen to you. He likes you.
- Margaret: Likes me? I thought you said he was dead!
- Torgo: Dead? No, ma’am, not dead the way you know it. He is with us always. Not dead the way you know it, he is with us always…
- Margaret: [viewing painting] Looks so sinister…
- Mike: Must be the Master himself.
- Margaret: Oh, Mike, I’m scared. He has the meanest look! And that dog!
- Mike: I’d hate to run upon him in the dark, or even in the light for that matter.
- It's Shocking! It's Beyond Your Imagination!
- A cult of weird, horrible people who gather beautiful women only to deface them with a burning hand!
- No one seated the last 10 minutes! We defy you to guess the ending... and ask you not to divulge it!
- Harold P. Warren as Michael
- Diane Mahree as Margaret
- Jackey Neyman as Debbie
- John Reynolds as Torgo
- Tom Neyman as The Master
- Stephanie Nielson, Sherry Proctor, Robin Redd, Jay Hall, Bettie Burns, and Lelaine Hansard as the Master's wives
- Bernie Rosenblum as Teenage boy
- Joyce Molleur as Teenage girl
- William Bryan Jennings and George Cavender as Cops
- Pat Coburn as Girl in convertible