Manos: The Hands of Fate
Manos: The Hands of Fate is a 1966 American horror film about a family on vacation who lose their way while on a road trip and are trapped in a lodge with a polygynous cult worshipping the deity “Manos” (Spanish for “hands”). It is considered one of the worst films ever made.
- Directed and screenplay by Harold P. Warren.
- I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.
- There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here.
- You were his first wife, but he's grown sick of you. He doesn't want you anymore, I don't even want you anymore!
- He has left this world. But he is with us always. No matter where we go he is with us.
- You have failed us, Torgo. For this, you must die.
- Manos, god of primal darkness. As thou has decreed so have I done. The hands of fate have doomed this man. Thy will is done.
- Arise, my wifes. Give ear to the words of Manos. Arise, my wives! And hear the will of Manos.
- [last lines] I am Michael. I take care of the place while the Master is away.
- [repeated line] Mike, I'm scared.
- The End?
- Margaret: [first lines] We’re almost there honey. Just a little while longer and your vacation starts.
- Debbie: I’m getting cold mother, and hungry!
- Michael: Hey, Torgo, where's the phone? Yes, Alexander Graham Bell, you know, telephone?
- Torgo: There is no phone here, sir. The Master does not approve of such devices.
- Margaret: Then... then where is the nearest phone?
- Torgo: The nearest phone is at the crossroads. That's ten miles.
- Margaret: Ten miles? Might as well be ten THOUSAND miles!
- Michael: [getting mad] Easy, honey! It won't help to get mad!
- Torgo: There is nothing to fear madam. The Master likes you. Nothing will happen to you. He likes you.
- Margaret: Likes me? I thought you said he was dead!
- Torgo: Dead? No, ma’am, not dead the way you know it. He is with us always. Not dead the way you know it, he is with us always…
- Margaret: [viewing painting] Looks so sinister…
- Mike: Must be the Master himself.
- Margaret: Oh, Mike, I’m scared. He has the meanest look! And that dog!
- Mike: I’d hate to run upon him in the dark, or even in the light for that matter.
- Torgo: Master! What are you doing here?
- The Master: You have failed us, Torgo! I know of your visits to the tomb.
- Torgo: My visits?
- The Master: The women have told me. They may not be able to say anything or move when you're there, but they remember everything you say to them... and everything you do to them.
- It's Shocking! It's Beyond Your Imagination!
- A cult of weird, horrible people who gather beautiful women only to deface them with a burning hand!
- No one seated the last 10 minutes! We defy you to guess the ending... and ask you not to divulge it!
- Harold P. Warren as Michael
- Diane Mahree as Margaret
- Jackey Neyman as Debbie
- John Reynolds as Torgo
- Tom Neyman as The Master
- Stephanie Nielson, Sherry Proctor, Robin Redd, Jay Hall, Bettie Burns, and Lelaine Hansard as the Master's wives
- Bernie Rosenblum as Teenage boy
- Joyce Molleur as Teenage girl
- William Bryan Jennings and George Cavender as Cops
- Pat Coburn as Girl in convertible