Martha Speaks (TV series)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Martha Speaks is a children's animated television series based on the 1992 children's book of the same name by Susan Meddaugh, and heavily associated (affiliated) with the children's television series Arthur.
Martha Speaks / Martha Gives Advice [1.01]
- Entire family: Martha, be quiet!
- Martha: (gasps) What's the matter?
- Danny: You talk too much!
- Mariella: You never stop jabbering!
- Helen: Sometimes I wish you never learned how to speak!
- (Martha's feelings are crushed, and she slowly walks away.)
Martha Blah Blah / Skits Behaves [1.06]
- Granny Flo: Bye-bye B, Sayounara S, too-dle-too T, adios A!
Oh, Nooo! / Bye, Martha [1.10]
- Martha: Quiet, baby Jake! This is history in the making! This guy singing could become an international superstar!
- Helen: Except, I don't think he's going to win.
- Martha: Well, he might if we called a number of times and voted for him.
- Mariella: We can't do that, Martha. It would be dishonest. We're only allowed to vote once. (beat) Commercial's on! Popcorn time!
- (Mariella gets up to find popcorn)
- Danny: (reads newspaper) Oh no, it says here that Granny's alphabet soup is really taking a licking. No, it's an expression. Taking a licking means something isn't going well. It says here that Grandma Flo is really losing money.
Martha in Charge / Truman and the Deep Blue Sea [1.13]
- Alice: Could you please get your nose out of that book for one minute? What are you reading something so interesting anyway?
- Truman: The Odyssey: It's a about a hero who's lost at sea, and he has to overcome all sorts of obstacles before he can get home!
- Alice: Does he see any whales? Because that's what you're about to see!
Martha Runs the Store [1.19]
- Danny blows up a balloon, puts icing on a cake, and nails a banner to the wall
- Danny: ahh... you've got a nap for this, Daniel!
- (the phone rings)
Helen's All Thumbs / Martha's Dirty Habit [1.30]
- Television advertisement: Do you have an irresistible craving that nothing will stop? (explains the definition of "craving", Daniel peeks over) Maybe you crave the deep, rich ... perhaps you have a weakness, unstoppable urge for the thick chunky chocolate... (Daniel sweats and walks away)
- Martha: What about you?
- Danny: Hey, I was just thinking (touches the cookie jar) it's pretty silly to stop digging all at once. What if you just went outside and dug a little?
- Martha: Yeah, I know what you mean. :(Daniel stops touching the jar of cookies)
- Television advertisment: Crunchy graham crackers, chocolate nougat, all in one irresistible bar! The crave bar! It's what you crave! Come on! Give in to the urge!
Martha the Witness / Martha Takes a Stand [1.32]
- Martha: This is a matter of principle!
- Danny: Principle? A principle is something you believe in very, very strongly, like being a good neighbor. But there is one principle I believe in above all others. A man has the right to not be bossed around by any of his pets!
- (Mariella is reading a book)
- Mariella: Good principle.
The Jakey Express / Martha Sled Dog [2.07]
- (Danny gets out the spare tire out of the car to the amusement of Helen)
- Mariella: Isn't that a good idea?
- Danny: It would make a great sled!
- (End of flashback)
- Danny: Okay, it looks like I forgot to put the spare tire back in.
Skits on Ice / Martha's Steamed! [2.11]
- Danny: Helen!
- Helen: Yes, dad?
- Danny: (eating out of a tub of ice cream) Why won't T.D.'s dad let him put his shoes in the freezer anymore?
- Helen: Because his dad says they make the ice cream taste like feet.
- (Danny starts becoming nauseous and throws up the ice cream in the sink while Helen walks away)
Martha's Market / Bye Bye Burger Boy [4.10]
- [The car pulls up in the drive-thru]
- Danny: Hello Stan!
- Stan: Hi! May I please take your order?
- Danny: We'll take 6 Burger Boy burgers, 3 large potato chips, and one family style salad to go!
Martha's Holiday Surprise / We're Powerless [6.08]
- [last lines of the series]
- Martha, Helen, TD, and Truman: Ready, set, go for gold!
- [They leave as Skits rolls over and run around the house]