The Matrix (franchise)
- The Matrix (1999)
- The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
- The Animatrix (2003)
- The Matrix Resurrections (2021)
About The Matrix (franchise)
- What we were trying to achieve with the story overall was a shift, the same kind of shift that happens for Neo, that Neo goes from being in this sort of cocooned and programmed world, to having to participate in the construction of meaning to his life. And we were like, ‘Well, can the audience go through the three movies and experience something similar to what the main character experiences?
So the first movie is sort of classical in its approach, the second movie is deconstructionist and an assault on all the things you thought to be true in the first movie … and the third movie is the most ambiguous, because it asks you to actually participate in the construction of meaning.
- Wachowski, "DP/30 Cloud Atlas, Screenwriter/Directors Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski", Movie City News, (October 13th, 2012).
This disambiguation page, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name, lists articles associated with the name The Matrix (franchise). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.