The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Revolutions is the third film in The Matrix series (see below). The film, a combination of philosophy and action like its predecessors, sought to conclude the questions raised in the previous film, The Matrix Reloaded. The film was written and directed by The Wachowskis. It was released simultaneously in sixty countries on November 5, 2003.
- [to the Deus Ex Machina] The program "Smith" has grown beyond your control. Soon he will spread through this city, as he spread through The Matrix. You cannot stop him. But I can.
- Everything that has a beginning has an end. I see the end coming. I see the darkness spreading. I see death…and you are all that stands in his way.
- One way or another, Neo, this war is going to end. Tonight, the future of both worlds will be in your hands… or in his.
- [to Neo] Yes, that's it, Mr. Anderson. Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
- [to Neo, during their final fight] Can you feel it, Mr. Anderson? Closing in on you? Oh, I can. I really should thank you for it. After all, it was your life that taught me the purpose of all life. The purpose of life is to end.
- Neo: You believe in karma?
- Rama-Kandra: Karma's a word. Like "love." A way of saying "what I am here to do." I do not resent my karma—I'm grateful for it. Grateful for my wonderful wife, for my beautiful daughter. They are gifts. And so I do what I must do to honor them.
- Neo: I just have never...
- Rama-Kandra: ...heard a program speak of love?
- Neo: It's a…human emotion.
- Rama-Kandra: No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. I see that you are in love. Can you tell me what you would give to hold on to that connection?
- Neo: Anything.
- Rama-Kandra: Then perhaps the reason you're here is not so different from the reason I'm here.
- Oracle: What did you do with Sati?
- Smith: Cookies need love like everything does. [laughs]
- Oracle: You are a bastard.
- Smith: You would know, Mom.
- Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We missed you. [pauses; looks around] You like what I've done with the place?
- Neo: It ends tonight.
- Smith: I know it does, I've seen it. That's why the rest of me is just going to enjoy the show because we already know that I'm the one that beats you.
- Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? [becomes visibly agitated] Is it freedom or truth?! Perhaps peace?! Could it be for love?! Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception! Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose! And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love! You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson! You must know it by now! You can't win! It's pointless to keep fighting! [now clearly enraged] Why, Mr. Anderson?! Why?! WHY DO YOU PERSIST?!
- Neo: [manages to stand] Because I choose to.
- [the Architect and the Oracle meet in a park]
- Oracle: Well, now, ain't this a surprise?
- Architect: You played a very dangerous game.
- Oracle: Change always is.
- Architect: Just how long do you think this peace is going to last?
- Oracle: As long as it can. [the Architect starts to walk off] What about the others?
- Architect: [stops] What others?
- Oracle: The ones that want out.
- Architect: Obviously they will be freed.
- Oracle: I have your word?
- Architect: [contemptuously] What do you think I am? Human?
- Keanu Reeves - Neo
- Laurence Fishburne - Morpheus
- Carrie-Anne Moss - Trinity
- Hugo Weaving - Agent Smith
- Mary Alice - The Oracle
- Helmut Bakaitis - The Architect
- Lambert Wilson - The Merovingian
- Ian Bliss - Bane/Smith