Meet the Feebles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Meet the Feebles (also known as Frogs of War in New Zealand as the film's English fake working title) is a 1989 New Zealand musical black comedy film directed by Peter Jackson. It features Jim Henson-esque puppets in a perverse comic satire.
- Directed by Peter Jackson. Produced by Jim Booth. Written by Peter Jackson, Danny Mulheron, Fran Walsh and Stephen Sinclair.
Hell hath no fury like a hippo with a machine gun.(taglines)
- Eat lead you man-stealing slut!
- Shit! I was just about to pop my cookies!
- [last words before his death] Oh, shit!
- Guppy: Is something the matter, Mr. Bletch?
- Abi: Please do not interrupt me, I am traveling on the astral plane.
- Trevor: I've heard better singing from a mongoose with throat cancer.
- [first lines of the film]
- Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen. Your attention please. Welcome to the newest, the greatest, the most spectacular in entertainment history. Put your hands together for the fabulous Feebles variety hour.
- Robert: I'm Robert.
- Trevor: You may be Robert to your friends but you're fly shit to me! Piss off!
- Robert: I thought you were nice.
- Lucille: I am nice.
- Robert: No your not, you're loose! And you drink!
- Lucille: No...
- Robert: You're nothing but a loose lush Lucille and I never want to see you again!
- Trevor: Didn't you notice you were sitting on his face!
- Madame Udder: Well, it was a bit uncomfortable but I thought it was my hemorrhoids.
- Bletch: Have you thought of a name for it, yet?
- Trevor: I was thinking along the lines of... "Dennis does Daisy".
- Bletch: No. That's lousy.
- Trevor: How about... "Anal Antics"?
- Bletch: "Anal Antics"... yes. It will appeal to the intellectuals. Do you think it will do as well as our last release and win the Hooker Prize?
- Sebastian: Heidi! You've been overeating again haven't you!
- Heidi: Uh, no I haven't.
- Sebastian: Then explain to me why there is black forest cherry cake in your cleavage!
- Bletch: Do you really think people are interested in nasal sex?
- Trevor: Sure, boss. It's the next big fad.
- Bletch: [heading to the golf course] Hey Barry, how's your handicap?
- Barry the Bulldog: She's at home boss. Baking a cake.
- [Bletch and his henchman laugh]
- Cedric: This is a lovely golf course, I'm tempted to join the club meself.
- Bletch: No chance of that I'm afraid, Cedric.
- Cedric: You mean they discriminate against Scots?
- Bletch: No, they just don't want assholes in the clubhouse.
- Trevor: All right, you fat slag! Move your ass!
- Heidi: How dare you speak to me like that! You horrible, spiteful little rat!
- Trevor: I've heard better singing from a mongoose with throat cancer!
- Heidi: That's it, I've had enough! I am going straight to Bletch!
- Sebastian: ♪ Don't worry if you feel ashamed ♪
- ♪ It's been around for years ♪
- ♪ And thousands more that can't be named ♪
- ♪ Are interested in rears ♪
- ♪ Don't worry about hell ♪
- ♪ No harm will come to your soul ♪
- ♪ We're not a Pentecostal ♪
- ♪ And everybody's got an asshole ♪
- ♪ SODOMY!!! ♪
- Bletch: Trevor...?
- Trevor: Yeah, boss?
- Bletch: I want that fudge packer eliminated!
- [last lines of the film]
- Arthur: Miss Heidi. I know you're a real star and all that. But I'm afraid I'm gonna have to dub you in.
- Heidi: Could you do one last thing, Arthur?
- Arthur: Anything, Heidi.
- Heidi: Play "The Garden of Love".
- Welcome To The Jungle.
- Sex, drugs and soft toys.
- Puppet spunk hits the fan!
- Hell hath no fury like a hippo with a machine gun.
- From the creator of "Bad Taste", comes a movie with no taste at all!
- Mark Hadlow as Robert the Hedgehog, Heidi the Hippo, Barry the Bulldog and Chorus Girl #3.
- Peter Vere-Jones as Bletch the Walrus, Arthur the Worm, The Baker, Newspaper Mouse and the Announcer.
- Donna Akersten as Lucille the Poodle, Samantha the Cat, Dorothy the Sheep, Female Rabbit #1, Chorus Girl #2 and Fitness Tape Voice.
- Stuart Devenie as Sebastian the Fox, Dr. Quack the Duck, Madame Bovine, Sandy the Chicken, Cedric the Warthog, Seymour the Elechicken, Mr. Big the Whale, Female Rabbit #2 and Chorus Girl #1.
- Brian Sergent as Wynyard the Frog, Trevor the Rat, F. W. Fly, Jim the Frog, Chuck the Frog, The Spider and the Vietnamese Gophers.
- Mark Wright as Sid the Elephant, The Masked Masochist, Louie the Dog, Guppy the Fish, Poodle, Bartender, Crab and Chorus Girl #4.
- Fane Flaws as Musician Frog.
- Danny Mulheron as Heidi the Hippo. (body only)