Men in Black: The Series
Men In Black: The Series (informally MIB: The Series) (1997 – 2001) was an animated television series that aired on the Kids WB. The show featured the characters from 1997's science fiction film Men in Black Agents K and J. The show also featured Agent L who was formerly known as Dr. Laurel Weaver, Deputy Medical Examiner.
- 1 Season One
- 2 Season Two
- 3 Season Three
- 4 Season Four
- 5 Cast
- 6 External links
The Long So Long Syndrome
- K: You're not in the NYPD anymore. If you're gonna tangle with a Skeezaloid, you'll have to know how to cuff him.
- J: By the wrists?
- K: Skeezaloids don't even have arms.
- J: Noisy Cricket! Ha!
- J: (about the Skraaldian) It... lobbed on me.
- K: Never use a Noisy Cricket on a Skraaldian!
- J: Why not?
- K: Blows them up.
- J: And that's a bad thing? Dude was gonna mess up your haircut.
- K: No. The "dude" was only going to sting me. I would have swelled up and turned the color of rotten eggplant, but only for a week.
- J: My mistake.
- K: One you'll never make again.
- J: What?! You're gonna fire me for saving your–?!
- K: You're marked, J.
- J: (about the blob on his suit) And a little dry cleaning should handle it.
- K: You don't understand. Permanently marked. "This is the last suit you'll ever wear" marked. "You're a dead man" marked.
- J: Even if I am marked, who knows when the Skraal-guys will strike? Could be today, could be forty years from now.
- K: Probably today.
- J: Heads up everyone!
- [J has donned a robot suit of some kind]
- J: J is in the house!
- [J trips and accidentally blasts an iced Skraaldian]
- K: Why'd you have to go and do that?
- J: What's it matter? They coming to off me either way.
- K: Yeah but now they'll probably put you in... the soup.
- J: Can I at least drive?
- K: Not today.
- J: But I may not see tomorrow!
- K: Maybe later.
- Arquillian: This experience has made me realize how delicate life is. We are all so vulnerable. One moment we're eating seafood, the next, we're eating dirt. I owe you my life, K.
- J: Can we pu–leez change the subject?!
- Arquillian: What's with him?
- K: Blew up a Skraaldian.
- Arquillian: Blew up a Skraaldian?! Why didn't he jump off the Empire State Building?
- [Jay slams the Arquillian's face shut]
- Arquillian: Ow! Watch the face.
The Buzzard Syndrome
- [After J and K get in trouble with Zed, due to J screwing up a mission]
- J: Whew. Thought Zed was gonna come onto us like a ton of bricks.
- K: Yeah. We got lucky today, Sparky.
- J: "Sparky"? What happened to "Slick"?
- K: You have to work your way back up to "Slick".
- [Due to having the same model weapon, K and Buzzard are in a standoff, endlessly aiming at each other]
- K: Arm tired?
- [No response from Buzzard]
- K: Mine neither. I suppose we could just fire. Scramble our molecules, experience mind-numbing pain... black out. And if we're lucky enough to wake up at the same time, we could start this game all over again.
The Irritable Bow-wow Syndrome
- K: We're looking at a major crash landing, but no bogey in sight.
- J: Maybe the UFO sprouted mechanical legs and walked away. Like in War of the Worlds. You've seen that? Martians invade Earth. Your favorite movie, right?
- Jeebs: K...
- K: What happened here, Jeebs?
- Jeebs: Nothin'. Just, business as usual.
- J: Then, whataya doin' on the floor?
- Jeebs: Just... looking for something.
- K: [holding Jeebs's hand] This? [holding Jeebs's leg] Or maybe this?
- J: Size 9 Triple-E? Not mine.
- Jeebs: [in several pieces all over his shop] Come on, guys, you can't leave me like this!
- K: Don't worry. You'll pull yourself together. In an hour or two.
- J: What did you swallow, anyway?
- Frank: Nothing. Must be a hairball. Get me some water, will you?
- J: There's a white porcelain bowl in the other room. All you can drink.
- Frank: You drink of the toilet, mac. I'll take pictures.
- J: Then I guess you're not thirsty.
- Frank: Just because I look like a dog doesn't mean I am one. In fact, it takes seven dog years to equal just one of mine.
- Frank: Goodbye, cruel world. Hello, guts.
- Frank: What's wrong with ya?! You scared the living daylights outta me!
- J: (referring to the Void Density core) That's not all I scared out of you.
The Alpha Syndrome
- K: (sees Jeebs) Jeebs... (to the agent next to him) Who let him in here?!
- MIB agent next to K: He's not a guest?
- K: He runs a pawnshop. He's a scavenger.
- Jeebs: Hey! I don't speak ill of your career.
- K: You have three seconds to get out, Jeebs.
- Jeebs: It's a free...
- [K blows his head off with a blaster. Jeebs' head grows back. Two MIB agents drag him out of the hotel]
- Jeebs: You were supposed to count, K!
- K: (puts gun away) Got no time to count.
- K: You've really gone off the deep end, Alpha.
- Alpha: Deep space. I've spent twenty years travelling the cosmos, handpicking alien anatomy, surgically enhancing myself, becoming more powerful than any one alien, or human!
- K: I bet not one of those body parts came willingly.
- Alien head on Alpha: Hey, I got a human attached to me! Get me some wart-remover!
- Alpha: [smacks him] Shut up.
- J: Is this thing safe?
- L: It's intended for the originator of the memories. It'll either work, or your head will explode.
- [J stares at L, shocked]
- L: You asked.
- Alpha: Join me, K. Be like me.
- K: A circus freak?
- Alpha: The cosmic intergrator opened my mind! My body had to follow. If only you knew what was in here.
- K: I used to think I did... until you left me for dead.
- Alpha: Well, stuff happens. But I'm offering you immortality, K. I'll get you another heart. It won't hurt a bit.
- K: You wouldn't go all the way to Sentillia for that heart, would you?
- Alpha: Why should I? Plenty of Sentillians right here on Earth.
- K: I had the twins do a little research. Did you know that Sentillians can breath a gas that would make a human's lungs dissolve? Bet you did. So, I got to wondering... (takes out a can of Sentillian atmosphere gas) just how inhuman are you?
- Alpha: You wouldn't! It'll destroy us both!
- K: I'm willing to live with that. The Sentillian, of course, walks. Come on, Alpha. Let's you and me take the ultimate thrill ride.
- [J and L burst in the room]
- Alpha: They riding, too?
- Alpha: I didn't think so.
- Alpha: Your attention, please. Mr. Saben has left the building. I now return you to your regularly scheduled program. And Zed, ease off the bunt cake.
- K: Minor grapefruit sizzling without the bric a brac sauce, radial tires go beep bop beep bop... [melts]
- J: You're ignoring Zed's orders? Who's the hot dog here? [Sees that the LTD is gone] Our wheels. We've been carjacked!
- K: Sorry, kid. I can't take you on this one.
- J: What? Why?
- K: I've already left. Besides, the underwear wrench can't tighten the laughing lumbago... [melts]
- Hotel maid: Can I clean in here yet?
- J: Not yet, ma'am. [Shows her his ID] Hotel inspectors, Division 6.
- Hotel maid: Thought you might be MIB. Place is crawling with them.
- [She walks away. J notices she has a lizard's feet and tail.]
- J: (about himself) Forgot what hotel we were in.
- K: Alpha. You got the Verrutians.
- Alpha: That's not all I've got. A cosmic intergrator, K. Locked and loaded. I'll let you touch it...
- K: But... MIB won't allow an intergrator to be used on Earth for another thousand years. You said so yourself.
- Alpha: Forget what I said. The MIB doesn't even know it's here. Come on, K. Let's you and me take the ultimate thrill ride!
- K: And reject everything you ever taught me? No.
- Alpha: [Takes out a gun] Fine. Then perish!
- J: Can you believe those guys? Their muffled plastic fiestas are burning the eggplant shopping mart... [melts]
- Jeebs: Virtual Selective Memory Projector? Sorry, guys. Wouldn't know anything about that.
- J: Why is it that whenever yous say, "Wouldn't know anything about that," I get the feeling that you know everything about that?
- Jeebs: You... have no trust in your fellow man?
- L: Jeebs...
- Jeebs: [gasps]
- L: [points a giant laser canon at Jeebs] Our fellow man doesn't splatter green goo. Show us the goods now.
- Jeebs: [pushes a button on his desk and a secret drawer opens]
- J: Bingo!
- Jeebs: How did that get there?
The Neuralizer Syndrome
- J: Tell me about your family.
- K: Zed, the twins, the worms, same family as you.
- J: Come on! You have parents! You were born, weren't you? Tell me about your dad. What's he like?
- K: Dead.
- J: Always up for "chicken," huh!?
- L: You made me bail out at the last second!
The Symbiote Syndrome
- Troy: They've got babes, swimming pools, movie stars, (you like movies, don't ya?) and we can get our hands printed right in front of that movie theater. Huh? What do ya say? And it's right nearby that amusement park where you can get a hat with the rodent ears! I want one of those. So, what do you say? Huh?
- J: Um, Hollywood's the opposite way.
- J: You two Edgars are UGG – LEE! Where did you get your human suits? The 99 cent rack?
The Inanimate Syndrome
- U: Haven't you read the MIB manual?
- J: Waiting for the movie, Upton.
- U: Wah... Codenames are classified! How did you know...
- J: Your letter is "U". But you don't look like an "Ursula."
The L of My Dreams Syndrome
- L: Jay, there's no time for another job! There's something important you have to do now!
- [Dream version of L walks in]
- Dream L: I agree.
- L: (gasps)
The Quick Clone Syndrome
- K: Oversaturation. Explosion imminent.
- J: What do we do about that, K?
- K: Jump.
- [The two jump off the building to escape the explosion]
- J: There's more to the plan, right?
- K: Anti-gravity shoes!
- J: Funny, I don't remember being issued a pair of those!
- K: Zed must like me better than you!
- Alpha: [trying to upload memories from Zed's brain] You were somewhat devestated when your dog contracted rabies and you had to... shoot him.
- Zed: That's the end of Old Yeller, you mooncap!
- Alpha: ... So it is. But a memory, nonetheless.
- J: These thirty-seven-hour Centaurian days are frying my brain, L.
- L: You're not the only one working long hours.
- J: How do you do it, then?
- L: I... have my methods. The festive duck stomp is one way to put your carb together on a tricculate.
- J: I must be loosing consciousness. Could have sworn you just said--
- L: The garden gnome prances when my long johns are filled with cheese... (melts)
- L: You've been there for quite a while. Maybe you should give #2 a shot.
- J clone 1: No. No. I can hang. I still feel real.
- L: You all do, number 1. Until the babbling starts. And you find yourself melting faster than a waterlogged wicked witch.
- L: If you're so rested, shouldn't you be heading back?
- J: With two more clones in the closet? All work and no play makes J grow up to be just like K.
- J Quick Clone 1: You okay?
- J Quick Clone 2: Feeling fine. My noodles are magnificent with [melts]
- J Quick Clone 3: When it's your time, it's your time.
The Big Bad Bug Syndrome
- Edwin the Bug: So you're the "Man" in Black who 86'ed my brother?
- L: You must mean Edgar. I see a resemblance.
- Edwin: I'm much better looking.
- Worm 1: So, what we after?
- Worm 2: What we after?
- J: A Bug.
- J: A big, bad one.
- Worm 3: Bugs eat Worms!
- Worm 4: When they're not eating sugar!
- Worm 1: Maybe we'll just...
- Worm 2: ... head down to the cafés for a cup of Joe.
- K: Not in your birthday suits, you won't.
- [The Worms giggle sheepishly]
- L: So, why am I still alive, er...?
- Dung the Bug: Dung.
- L: [repulsed] Pretty name.
- Dung: Queenie wants you alive. Wants to flay you herself.
- L: Aren't you going to eat before the long trip?
- Dung: I just said she wants you alive!
- L: I mean sugar.
- Dung: No. I got 10,000lbs of Queenie's Royal Jelly waiting for me back home. That's the bounty on your head.
- Edwin the Bug: [after capturing L, J and K] This is the way we triple our pay, triple our pay, triple our pay!
The Black Christmas Syndrome
- Drekk: And to all a good night!
- J: Wow. Keys. He he... The LTD?
- K: Executive washroom. Linen towels, cologne dispenser...
- J: I'm touched...
The Supermen in Black Syndrome
- K: The one that got away? Make sure it doesn't.
- J: Mud pie. Can't wait to check out the filling.
- J: Maybe you didn't notice, but I'm leapin' around like some... leapin' guy.
- K: I noticed.
- J: And you look even more chisiled than usual.
- L: Sorry. I thought my head was gonna go scanner.
- J: Uncle Sam wants you to put the President to bed and make sure the first kitty's litterbox is clean.
- Jeebs: [holding a comic book] Can you believe humans actually read this junk!?
- Frank: Sugarcoats the price of aliens living on Earth, let me tell ya.
- Jeebs: Tch! Funny books! They're a tissue of lies!
- Frank: Yeah, you don't see me wearing a cape like... er... what's his name?
- Jeebs: Oh, yeah. I know the guy. Leaps tall, and he's stronger than something or other, and, he's faster than something...
- Frank: That's him. He lands on Earth and what does he get? Loving parents, good looks, a career in journalism, and babes.
- Jeebs: And he does it all in a leotard!
- Frank: Oh... Mui macho!
- Jeebs: Why are we talking like he's real?
- Frank: He's not?
The Blackguard Syndrome
- [Agent L hears knocking on the Blackguard's bay doors]
- L: Doesn't that door lead to... airless space?
- Dak: Sensors reactivated. Look sharp, everyone. Sugar daddy's coming aboard.
- L: "Sugar daddy"?
- [Alpha appears]
- Dak: Alpha, baby!
- [Alpha stares at him]
- Dak: Uh, sir!
- J: You know, I've always wanted to be an astronaut.
- K: You don't have the training, slick.
- J: Neither did L. Till MIB gave it to her!
- K: Don't get your head stuck in the clouds, ace. You're of more use to earth on earth.
- J: (draws a frowny face) Don't get to drive, don't get to go into outer space...
- Dak: Big difference between me and my bro: I like the sting!
The Cold Sweat Syndrome
- Alpha: You must have nine lives, K. Let's see if you have any left. [fires repeatedly on the ice below]
- J: Good thing the guy's a lousy shot!
- K: He's not aiming at us. Those plasma orbs will melt the ice cap.
- J: And?
- K: Flood half the planet.
- Alpha: Always so negative, K. Don't you think Nebraska deserves a beachfront?
The Lost Continent Syndrome
J: You know, I was thinking we could chill out a while, have a clam-bake, but no! Zed calls and there went my hula lesson.
- C: I'm free! I'm free! No more MIB! Keep paddling!
- C's alien companion: Why don't you try paddling, bigmouth?
- C: Y... you can talk? TWO YEARS YOU HAVEN'T SAID A SINGLE WORD, AND YOU CAN TALK!?
- C's alien companion: Couldn't get a word in inchwise.
- C: [breaks down sobbing]
The Way Out West Syndrome
- K: (reading the stone tablet on the statue) Tamed the Wild Wild West and rescued Baxter from ruin. (speaking to J) You give the sheriff any advice?
- J: No.
- K: (reading the stone tablet on the statue) Sheriff V.T. "Slick" Clemens!?
- J: Okay, maybe a few small pointers.
The Mine, Mine, Mine Syndrome
- [As silverfish swarm around her]
- Queen Bug: Ah, well-wishers. Who says New Yorkers aren't friendly?
- [The Emperor Worm uses a tape to try to learn English]
- Emperor Worm's tape: The ants in France dance mainly without pants.
- Emperor Worm: "The ants in France..." "The France in pants..." [Presses the fast-forward button]
- Emperor Worm's tape: I am large and in charge.
- Emperor Worm: I am large and in charge!
- Emperor Worm: I demand you trick-or-treat me with respect! I am large and in charge!
- Queen Bug: Guess what, chubbo? I'm larger! (bursts out of her schoolgirl disguise)
- [J and the Emperor Worm have been captured by the Bugs]
- Emperor Worm: You can take away our livestock, but you can't take away our forest fires!
- [The Bugs stare at him in utter confusion]
The Out To Pasture Syndrome
- Alpha: You really outdid yourself this time, Zed. The retirement charade, sending Agent J to feed me false information... But did you really think you could outwit me? You see, Zed, I possess the intellect of four superior races... and the brute force of one stupid one. You're out of your league, old boy.
- [Alpha's alien body is destroyed, leaving him a deteriorated human]
- Alpha: Go on, Zed... destroy me. Do it!
- Zed: No. You're a mere mortal now. You'll be punished like one.
The Bad Doggie Syndrome
- Tunston King: You will learn respect for our king!!
- J: The only "king" with my respect is Martin Luther.
The Opening Gambit Syndrome
- Dr Zan'dozz Zeeltor: Oh yes, Alpha, the original head of MIB! Whatever became of him?
- K: Went nuts. Tried to take over the universe.
- Dr. Zan'dozz Zeeltor: [still happy] Oh!
- Alpha: We had a deal, Vangus. I hope you intend to uphold your end.
- Vangus: That was thirty Earth years past. Things have changed.
- Alpha: One thing hasn't: your mission will fail again. It's only with my help that you Ixions will be able to defeat MIB and commence full-scale invasion. You get the oil, I get to rule the people. [showing his new metal claw] With an iron fist, of course.
- J: Okay, Alpha. You've got me in check, now throw me a pawn. How come the Ixions didn't invade thirty years ago?
- Alpha: Timing, dear boy. Your boss Zed nearly stumbled onto our little gambit. I convinced the Ixions to try again later.
- K: But they got a little tired of waiting, didn't they, Alpha?
The Back to School Syndrome
K: Congratulations, Slick. So who are you taking to the prom?
The Endgame Syndrome (1)
- Madame President: So you're telling me there's been a secret organization called the Men in Black for the last forty sum odd years? So secret that no president even knew about it?
- Zed: Yes. Well, except for Nixon of course. Say what you will about the man, he could keep a secret.
The Endgame Syndrome (2)
- Alpha: [observing the destroyed MIB headquarters] Ah, the old clubhouse. Such a shame, so many fond memories... But as we say on Earth, one can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
- Vangus: Omelette... Eggs... Good one!
- Vangus: Destroying MIB did not deliver instant victory as you promised.
- Alpha: Patience, Vangus. When one slips it slowly, the nectar of victory is that much sweeter.
- Vangus: These air strikes are wasteful! It is time for a new strategy: destroy the planet, then its oil reserves ooze out.
- K: Kind of puts a crimp in your plans, doesn't it, Alpha?
- Vangus: Quiet!
- Alpha: Agent K makes a cogent point. An annihilated Earth would leave no populace, no one for me to rule.
- Vangus: Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
- Ed O'Ross as Agent K (Season 1)
- Gregg Berger as Agent K (Seasons 2–4)
- Keith Diamond as Agent J
- Jennifer Lien as Agent L (Seasons 1–3)
- Jennifer Martin as Agent L (Season 4)
- Charles Napier as Chief Zed
- John Mariano as Agent D
- Tony Shalhoub as Jack Jeebs (Season 1)
- Billy West as Jack Jeebs (Seasons 2–4)
- Eddie Barth as Frank the Pug
- Pat Pinney and Pat Fraley as The Worm Aliens
- Vincent D'Onofrio as The Bugs
- David Warner as Alpha