Michael Green (physicist)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Woit ... is a blogger – he runs an anti-strings blog, he's an ex-physicist, a PhD I think. ... He has strong views about string theory, which he's entitled to, and he blogs them. And good for him.
- as quoted by Aida Edemariam in: (23 October 2009)"Interview. Michael Green: Master of the Universe". The Guardian.
- String theory has a close relationship to quantum field theory — indeed in some sense it encompasses all interesting quantum field theories.
- as quoted by Maria Shtilmark in: (14 August 2017)"The Magic of String Theory (Conversation with Michael Green)". Simons Center for Geometry and Physics.
Quotes about Green
- From 1980 through 1984 Michael Green worked with Schwarz to develop superstring theory, and in 1984 they showed that apparent inconsistencies between superstring theory and quantum theory are circumvented in certain special cases. This work kindled the "first superstring revolution," which led to an explosion of interest in this novel approach to quantum gravity and the unification of the forces.