Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov (Russian: Михаил Тимофеевич Калашников; 10 November 1919 – 23 December 2013) was a Russian general and small arms designer, most famous for developing the AK-47 assault rifle.
|This article about a military figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I would have preferred to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work - for example, a lawn-mower.
- Quoted in "The Jamaica Observer", February 4, 2006
- Whenever I look at TV and I see the weapon I invented to defend my motherland in the hands of these bin Ladens, I ask myself the same question: 'How did it get into their hands?' I didn't put it in the hands of bandits and terrorists, and it's not my fault that it has mushroomed uncontrollably across the globe. Can I be blamed that they consider it the most reliable weapon?
- There are some things that are so serious that you can only talk about them humorously.
- "I sleep well. It's the politicians who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence."
- "When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed' ... So this has been my lifetime motto – I have been creating weapons to defend the borders of my fatherland, to be simple and reliable."