Biography at Wikipedia
Media at Wikicommons
Miley Ray Cyrus (born Destiny Hope Cyrus; 23 November 1992) is an American actress and singer-songwriter. Cyrus is better known for starring as Miley Stewart/Hannah Montana in the television series Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel.
- Being famous is like a dream come true but it's really difficult because you lose your freedom. I don't want to lose being a kid.
- Reuters UK (November 27, 2007)
- I kind of take Hilary as a role model because she started out at about the same age, she hadn't done much before starting her series, and I haven't either.
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette (January 2, 2008)
- I understand... the pressure is definitely hard, but I think just keeping your head on your shoulders is easier than it looks. I think if you know who you are, then I think you'll be fine for the rest of the way.
- OK! Magazine (January 18, 2008)
- Some people think you have more privileges than other teenagers because of what you do, and that's not it at all. It's actually the opposite.
- OK! Magazine (February 20, 2008)
- Some people don't have a family to fall back on, like I have, and that's when something greater than even that comes in, and that's faith and that's what I have for me, that's what keeps me strong.
- BREATHEcast.com (March 3, 2008)
- I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me, I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together, and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams.
- Reuters (April 22, 2008)
- The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen, and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone. Most of all, I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team.
- MTV.com (April 29, 2008)
- My guitar is like my best friend. My guitar can get me through anything. If I can sit down and write an amazing song with my guitar about what's going on in life, then that's the greatest therapy for me.
- Mirror.co.uk (May 5, 2008)
- I like to think of myself as the girl that no one can get, that no one can keep in their hand.
- People Magazine (July 15, 2008)
- I only turn 16 once, so it's going to be an awesome party with my favorite rides, hanging out with friends, fireworks and more.
- TheCelebrityCafe.com (August 24, 2008)
- I always love coming to Disneyland but celebrating my birthday here with my family, friends and the kids from YSA is really awesome!, this is a night I'll never forget.
- MarketWatch (October 5, 2008)
- I went to Starbucks and there was, like, no-one, no-one asked me for my autograph, no-one did anything, so I was like 'woah, this is really cool, this is really strange'.
- BBC News (October 14, 2008)
- I've already fallen in love with 20 guys since I've been here. The accents sound so intelligent. I love the way the guys are so classy and wear trench coats.
- Vancouver Sun (October 15, 2008)
- I had one normal job and I actually liked it. I worked at this place called Sparkles Service and I cleaned guys out. I was like 11. I can clean toilet bowls too!
- Canada.com (November 7, 2008)
- When I first moved to LA, no one could understand a thing I said, you would think I was speaking another language. Every time I would order something at Starbucks, they would go, 'Huh? What did you say?' My accent was an issue and my low voice was as well. They thought I should be more girlie. But that's who I am.
- Inquirer.net (November 20, 2008)
- Shoes. I like shoes a lot. My favorite are these Tory Burch boots that I have on. But my favorite shoes to buy are Converse shoes. I have probably every color of Converse shoes known to man.
- Inquirer.net (November 20, 2008)
- Remember what things make you special and embrace those because there are so many things that aren’t on the outside that are so important and people find so beautiful.
- Inquirer.net (November 20, 2008)
- That's what I want to do with my life. I would love to be a photographer, I want to come to London to study. I hear there are some great schools here so I would love to do that.
- TV Guide (December 2, 2008)
- I'm so stoked! I never expected to get nominated, I can't believe I'm on the same list as Clint Eastwood, Beyoncé, Bruce Springsteen and everyone else.
- MTV.com (December 11, 2008)
- I can mix and match a cute shirt with some skinny jeans under a leather jacket and it looks fun and unique.
- Reading Eagle (December 20, 2008)
- I'm a Brad Pitt fan as an actor. I don't necessarily think he's good-looking. If I tell you guys who I think are cute, they're lame people. Like, I think Harry Connick Jr. is so cute. In 'Hope Floats' or 'P.S. I Love You,' isn't he the cutest? Yeah, he is. I think Gerard Butler is 'Oh, my God.'
- MTV (March 5, 2009)
- [On boyfriend Liam Hemsworth] I think we're both deeper than normal people. What they think and how they feel.
- US Magazine (March 2010)
- The reason I kind of started this [vegan lifestyle] was because I had a fish that was highly intelligent. When I would come through the door … this blowfish would go to the side and get excited … and he really knew who I was. He really got excited when I was home. … And one day … I went to a sushi restaurant with a few of my friends and they were serving blowfish, and I thought, "You know, this is an intelligent animal."
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (October 1, 2015)
- You used to call me your dreamer,
And now I'm living out my dreams;
Oh, how I wish you could see,
Everything that's happening for me.
- The struggles I'm facing, the chances I'm taking.
Sometimes they knock me down, but, no, I'm not breaking.
I may not know it, but these are the moments
I am going to remember most, just got to keep going.
- The last time I freaked out I just kept looking down.
I st-st-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinkin' 'bout.
Felt like I couldn't breathe, you asked what's wrong with me.
My best friend Lesley says "Oh, she's just being Miley."
- See You Again, her first hit song
- I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan.
Welcome to the land of fame excess - am I going to fit in?
I jump into the cab, here I am for the first time,
I look to the right and I see the Hollywood sign.
- Party in the USA, her second hit song
- You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone
- When I Look At You, her character's solo piece from The Last Song motion picture
About Miley Cyrus
- We don't have each other's phone numbers. But when she meets me, she's excited. It's cute – I see a lot of myself in her.
- Of course I look out for her and feel protective over her. People forget she's just a kid. She loves just hanging out, chatting and catching up on gossip.
- She's been my best friend for the last five years and I'll always be there for her. I love her.
- Her voice is surprisingly rich for a girl in her early teens, and she has more personality than many pop starlets her age, especially those in the Disney stable.
- Heather Phares of allmusic