Jump to navigation Jump to search
Moonraker is a 1979 film in which James Bond investigates the mid-flight theft of a space shuttle and discovers a plot to commit global genocide.
- Directed by Lewis Gilbert. Written by Christopher Wood, based on the novel by Ian Fleming.
Moonraker Is Out Of This World taglines
- [addressing his staff aboard the space station] First there was the dream, now there is reality. Here, in the untainted cradle of the heavens, will be created a new super race, a race of perfect physical specimens. You have been selected as its progenitors; like Gods, your offspring will return to Earth and shape it in their image. You have all served in public capacities in my terrestrial empire. Your seed, like yourselves, will pay deference to the ultimate dynasty which I alone have created. From their first day on Earth they will be able to look up and know that there is law and order in the heavens.
- [after Bond and Dr. Goodhead have shut down the cloaking device on Drax's space station, exposing it to the world] James Bond. You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.
- Mr Bond…you defy all my attempts to plan an amusing death for you.
- Allow me to introduce you to the airlock chamber. Observe, Mr Bond, your route from this world to the next. [opens airlock door] And you, Dr. Goodhead, your desire to become America's first woman in space will shortly be fulfilled.
- Bond: Excuse me my name is Bond, James Bond. I'm looking for Dr. Goodhead.
- Dr. Goodhead: You just found her.
- Bond: A woman!
- Dr. Goodhead: Your powers of observation do you credit, Mr Bond.
- James Bond: Oh, I suppose you're right. We would be better off working together. Détente?
- Dr. Holly Goodhead: Agreed.
- James Bond: Understanding?
- Goodhead: Possibly.
- Bond: Co-operation?
- Goodhead: Maybe.
- Bond: Trust?
- Goodhead: Out of the question.
- Corinne Dufour: My mother gave me a list of things not to do on a first date...
- James Bond: Maybe you won’t need it. That’s not what I came for.
- Dufour: [disappointed] No? What do you want then?
- [Later, when they are about to have sex]
- Bond: What about that list of your mother's?
- Dufour: I never learned to read.
- [during a pheasant hunt, one of Drax's henchmen hides in a tree, waiting to shoot Bond. At Drax's prompt, Bond aims at some pheasants and fires]
- Hugo Drax: You missed, Mr. Bond.
- [The dead henchman falls from the tree, killed by Bond's shot.]
- James Bond: [dryly] Did I? [returns shotgun] As you said: "Such a good sport."
- Corinne Dufour: You called for me, Mr. Drax?
- Hugo Drax: You were with Bond last night in my study.
- Dufour: No! I...
- Drax: You showed him the safe.
- Dufour: I didn’t!
- Drax: I’m terminating your employment. You will leave immediately.
- [Drax has Chang release his dogs, which chase Corinne into the woods and kill her.]
- Dr. Holly Goodhead: Have you broken something?
- James Bond: Only my tailor's heart. [Goodhead kisses him] What was that for?
- Goodhead: For saving my life.
- Bond: Remind me to do it more often!
- Hugo Drax: Why did you break up the encounter with my pet python?
- James Bond: I discovered it had a crush on me.
- [Drax holds off Bond with a laser pistol]
- Hugo Drax: At least I shall have the pleasure of putting you out of my misery. [Bond raises his hands] Desolated, Mr Bond?
- [Bond fires the dart gun in his wristband, hitting Drax in the chest with a cyanide dart]
- James Bond: Heartbroken, Mr Drax. [Drax gasps and staggers back towards an airlock] Allow me. [he lets Drax into the airlock] Take a giant step for mankind!
- [Bond expels Drax out the airlock into space, while Dr. Holly Goodhead arrives as the spaceship gets ready to self-destruct]
- Dr. Holly Goodhead: Where's Drax?
- Bond: Oh, he had to fly.
- M: [watching Bond and Dr. Goodhead having sex in the space shuttle, via its onboard camera] Double O Seven...!
- Sir Frederick Gray: My God, what's Bond doing?
- Q: [looking at a radar screen] I think he's attempting re-entry sir. [Bond looks up and smiles at the camera before unplugging it]
- [the movie's last lines]
- Dr. Holly Goodhead: James?
- James Bond: I think it may be time to go home.
- Goodhead: Take me 'round the world one more time.
- Bond: Why not?
- Moonraker Is Out Of This World
- Where all the other Bonds end... this one begins!
- Now outer space now belongs to James Bond 007
- The girls are out of this world
- The villains are out of this world
- Outer space now belongs to 007
- Roger Moore - James Bond:
- Michael Lonsdale - Hugo Drax
- Lois Chiles - Holly Goodhead
- Toshiro Suga - Chang
- Richard Kiel - Jaws
- Corinne Clery - Corinne Dufour
- Bernard Lee - M
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- Geoffrey Keen - Sir Fredrick Gray
- Walter Gotell - General Gogol
- Moonraker quotes at the Internet Movie Database