Nabeel Qureshi (author)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nabeel Qureshi (April 13, 1983 – September 16, 2017) was a Pakistani American Christian apologist and convert from the Ahmadiyya. He was a speaker with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) and the author of three books.
Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward (2016)
- Most responses I have seen to the present crisis are polarized, either dismissing violent jihad as irrelevant to Islam or asserting that all Muslims should be treated as potential threats. In this book, I hope to clarify both the reality of violent jihad in Islam and a compassionate approach to our Muslim neighbors.
- p. 11, Preface
- [C]riticism of Islam is often taken to be criticism of Muslims. That is... false. One can criticize the Quranic command to beat disobedient wives without criticizing Muslims. The accusation of Islamophobia... often fails at this point. Islam is not Muslims, and one can criticize Islam while affirming and loving Muslims.
- p. 27, Question 1: What is Islam?
- To answer whether Islam truly is a religion of peace, we must consider what Islam teaches, not just what Muslims practice.
- p. 28, Question 1: What is Islam?