Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written and directed by David Seltzer.
Dying is easy. Comedy is hard.taglines
- We are all God's animated cartoons.
- I've been coming down here for 18 months. 18 months! And I have not missed a night. I take the money that my father sends me and I pay for a shrink, and I buy groceries. Now I owe my shrink, and I'm behind in my rent. My roommate's a bastard - he's changed the locks in in my front door - I can't get in! He won't give me a key until I pay him. You wanna play games? I can play games! I can play games. I can play ventriloquist with my underwear. I can play darts while maintaining an erection. I can gargle dishwater and fart O Canada at the same time! I can play piano without being popular. I once had this dream - I was dancing on the streetcorner with a jackhammer up my ass - now that was either a sex dream or I need more fiber in my diet. If any of this is turning you on, just let me know.
- If you're sending someone down, you better send him fast - 'cuz funny Steve's going under.
- Don't be scared, 'cuz I'm funny Steve... with a lampshade on his head. Singing and dancing, for your entertainment, his own rendition of "Singin' in the Rain"!
- Hello, my name is Lilah Krytsick, and on our wedding night, my husband gave me something very long and hard... a new name.
- Stand-Up Comic: [doing an impression of Ghandi's mother] Please, sweetheart... just a sandwich?
- Albert Emperato: You don't want carpet! You want an area rug!
- John: $500! What the hell did you buy for $500?
- Lilah: Jokes.
- Dying is easy. Comedy is hard.
- It only hurts when you LAUGH!
- Sally Field - Lilah Krytsick
- Tom Hanks - Steven Gold
- John Goodman - John Krytsick
- Mark Rydell - Romeo
- Kim Greist - Madeline Urie
- Paul Mazursky - Arnold
- Taylor Negron - Albert Emperato
- Damon Wayans - Percy
- Mac Robbins - Billy Lane