Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Herman: Listen to me, you child. He doesn't worry about legalities. Do you know why? Because he has more power than you could even hope to imagine.
- Orson: All the more reason to do it!
- Herman: 'Cause he insulted you at a dinner party?
- Orson: Because he's a hypocrite! Because he's a... A political turncoat. He claims to care about the common man when nothing could be further from the truth!
- Herman: Oh, he's a journalist. He owns Hollywood. We're the shit on his shoes. You better go back to Broadway, kiddo.
- Orson: I expected more from you, Mank.
- Herman: Yeah, me too, but I got used to it.
- Orson: How does that feel getting used to it? How does that feel going up to the palace and amusing the lords and ladies with the same old stories they've heard a hundred times before? How does it feel being the ugly, little monkey they keep around to amuse themselves?