Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Republika Srpska is one of two constitutional and legal entities of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the other being the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Its capital is Banja Luka.
- Who are they for a whole nation to suffer for them, both in the Republika Srpska and in Serbia, because a certain Mladic has decided that he does not want to surrender and go to court? Or Karadzic? And then they say: "I love the Serbian people." The hell they love us. They are pushing us into ever deeper problems.
- Milorad Dodik, as quoted in "BOSNIAN SERBS SUPPORT TRIALS OF MLADIC, KARADZIC" (27 July 2007), RFE/RL Newsline
- I regret that we did not make a stronger effort to drop the name Republika Srpska. We underestimated the value to Pale of retaining their blood-soaked name. We may also have underestimated the strength of our negotiating hand on that day, when the bombing had resumed. In retrospect, I think we should have pushed Milosevic harder to change the name of the Bosnian Serb entity. Even if the effort failed, as Owen and Hill predicted, it would have been worth trying.
- Richard Holbrooke, To End a War (1998), p. 135
- In my heart there's only one home,
My republic is great in heart,
In my heart the most beautiful star shines,
My republic, Republika Srpska.
- "Moja Republika" (2008)
- Encyclopedic article on Republika Srpska on Wikipedia